o n e

Maxwell Tucker has never exactly been an over achiever, in fact, almost everything he does results in him epically under achieving—and that's putting it nicely

Maxwell Tucker has never exactly been an over achiever, in fact, almost everything he does results in him epically under achieving—and that's putting it nicely. He'd disagree, but that would just be flat out denial.

Whether it be his grades, his stunts, or even something as simple as making a bowl of breakfast, he'd fail horribly.

Now just so happens to be one of those times.

Everybody is crowding around one specific spot in the middle of the cafeteria, where there lay a table. A broken cafeteria table. A table that has literally been split down the middle. Dust and old pieces of plastic, along with teenagers with their phones out have it completely surrounded. Then there is Max, laying in the very middle of it, trying not to pass out from pain.

Yes, now would definitely be one of those times.

-

It had started out as any normal day would. Going to his classes, trying to not completely bomb the work, attempting not to offend anyone or break anything. Failing at most of the above. Trying again anyway.

Then came lunch. Harvey was stuffing food up Zeke's nose (fries specifically, something about walruses) and Amelia was trying desperately not to kick their asses for ruining her appetite, and then there was Max. Zoning out and laughing at everything because he had taken one too many painkillers for his last incident, (which involved a bike and some serious weed, he so blames Zeke.)

A loud sound came from right beside Max's ear, making him jump out in shock and he swears he heard ringing. However, it was very anti-climactically just Andy setting down his tray of food very hastily.

"You guys will never believe what I just saw!" He looks like he hasn't slept in days. Max can totally relate.

There is a silence, until Harvey takes it upon himself to not make Andy look like a dumbass by finally—reluctantly—asking, "What?"

That was all Andy needed to start speaking so fast that, in Max's higher-than-life state, it was nearly impossible to keep up with him.

"Okay, so I was walking to the cafeteria and I just happened to look at the ceiling, right?"

Everyone nodded.

"Then I see this purple thing and I, like, zoom in on it with my eyes or something and realise it's a tentacle!"

Nobody was buying this story. Well, except for Max.

"And so I realise it's a monster! And then I follow it and it goes into a vent and I saw it just now on top of one of the little pole-pipe-stick things in the ceiling."

"Rafters;" Amelia.

"Yeah! And I swear it's fucking planing something. I don't know what that shit was but it did not look trustworthy."