e l e v e n

"Well, Max. It seems that you're ankle is lining up properly and healing correctly. You'll probably only need the cast for about two more weeks."

"Oh sweet!" Max smiles. Doctor Johnson is pretty cool. Though that's probably because he keeps giving Max good news. Oh well.

"Alright, you are dismissed." Doctor Johnson nods and goes back to typing something on his laptop.

Huh. Okay.

When Max arrives in the lobby, he sees Zeke and Gina doing a cross word puzzle in a magazine. Gina looks like she'd done this a million times while Zeke is glaring at the paper.

Max makes his way towards them and they look up. "Ready to go?" Gina asks, raising her eyebrows. Max nods and they make their way back to the car. Gina is off on Sunday and so she decided that she'd drive them, and then go home and take a nap.

As expected, as soon as they get back to their apartment, she goes straight to her bed. Max and Zeke go and flop on the couch. Max begins channel surfing.

And that's pretty much how their Sunday goes (minus some alcohol).

-

Monday, on the other hand, is not so relaxed. Of course, Mondays are never relaxing. However this one is worse than usual. It starts off with Max and Zeke waking up in a pool of beer bottles, then add the fact that one of the first things Max does is go to the bathroom and puke.

Then Harvey is in a pissy mood because fuck knows why, which always takes a toll on Max and Zeke's mood.

Now here he is in the office, watching as Barnes walks in with Lauren and they both kinda look at him like he's done something wrong.

Well he is extremely hung over, so he probably looks like more of a fucking train wreck than usual.

Plus he got like an hour of sleep.

Huh.

Max glares at both of them. "The fuck you looking at?"

Lauren seems taken aback - yet again, probably because of Max's cursing - while Barnes is probably pretty fucking used to his shit.

About twenty seconds go by and Max becomes impatient.

"We are supposed to be taking her to her stupid hippie class," or advanced art, oh well. Same thing, "why are we standing here?" Max kinda gets quieter as he goes on with his sentence. Mostly because there's shooting pain inside of his head. "Ow, motherfucker."

He looks up, and sees Barnes giving him a deadly glare while Lauren just seems confused. "Wha- hippie?"

Barnes is still glaring at him.

"Oh, drop it, Lauren." Max kinda gives her a glare, but it is probably pretty hidden by his hands, which are covering his head.

Damn, he needs pain meds.

"Uh, okay...?" Lauren looks real fucking confused.

Good. Serves that bitch right.

Barnes finally snaps out of it and purses his lips. "Alright, lets go."

Lauren nods and turns around as he puts his hand on her back. Max keeps his distance but still follows behind them, and doesn't miss the final glare Barnes sends him.