Chapter 4: The Best Pick Up Line

• Dedicated to Nicole Boo

Karylle's POV

I woke up to the vibration of my phone. Checking the wall clock, it was six in the morning. I decided to open the message. My heart skipped a beat upon reading the sender. Yael Yuzon. "Morning, Sunshine! Are you up for coffee now? Starbucks maybe? " Awww. That's  so sweet of him. As fast as I could, I sent him a message. "Good Morning! Sure! Be there in 20." I hopped into the shower and put on a simple outfit afterwards. I am not much of a fashionista.

Before I could look for a good pair of shoes—which actually ended up with me wearing a comfortable pair of ballet kind of doll shoes—I heard a thump downstairs. Wait a second. Last time I checked I was the only person who lives here. Unless...burglars? Oh God.

Grabbing my purse, which contains my phone, some mentos and my wallet, I slowly went down the stairs. "Who's there?" I half shouted-half whispered. "K? Lauren, the happiest hungover here!" I laughed my ass upon hearing this. I realized that I was thinking so much about Yael last night that I totally forgot about Lauren. WHAT? I must be crazy for thinking about someone I just met.

"Are okay?" I asked her, handing  glass of water. She nods and drinks it in one gulp. "Better than ever!" She said as we both headed outside. "I'm going to Starbucks to meet a new friend. Gusto mo sumama?" She stared at me intently. It made me feel uneasy so I just stared at my watch. "Sino?"  She finally asked. I mouthed his name and she started to jump up and down like a crazy fangirl. Without any words, she hopped into her car--the one we used last night and drove away.

Well, I consider that as a no. So I hopped into my own car and went to Starbucks. Just as I pulled up on the parking space, I saw him enter the cafe. He's wearing a a shirt that says Smile—so cute—and classic denim jeans. With all the might I have, I went in and a somehow relaxing tune was playing.

I've been spending the last eight months

Thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end

'Tagos sa puso ko yun ah.' I said to myself. God knows I'm trying not to move on—but to move forward.

He saw me instantly and flashed a smile. Oh chills.

Yael's POV

She looks great today. I've never seen someone wearing such simple clothes yet looking vibrant and glowing. Karylle continues to surprise me.

"Akala ko hindi ka dadating," I stated in a matter of factly way as we both leaned in for a hug. She seemed surprised upon hearing this. "Why did you think so?" We are already on the line to the counter. "We just met you know?" I replied, trying to act cool. We gave our orders an sat by the nearest spot. "I must say, you seemed to be a nice guy last night," she then took a sip of her latté and continued. "With great vocals too." Sincerely thankful of the compliment, I gave her one the biggest smiles that I can.

"Thanks! I've heard some of your music too." I felt her stare at me for a couple of seconds and as I caught her so, she turned away as if checking out her phone. A light tint of pink brushed across her face. "Gusto ko yung Wala na Ba ang Lahat," with that, she looked at me with a face of disbelief. "Talaga?" she reminded of a little kid curiously asking about something interesting. "The lyrics felt pretty...real. From the heart." 

Upon hearing those words, she tensed up a bit. I think she knew that I noticed it so she just responded with a smile. Atta girl. "Hey, have you heard of The Hunger Games. Ang ganda nung libro!" She  said with full enthusiasm, trying to get away from the previous topic. "Yeah, I already read them." It was a good read. 

"So, can I be your Peeta and you'll be my Katniss?"

 A/N : Clifhanger! Abangan ang sagot ni Nanay Kurba! xD