Chapter 28: Home

A/N :(I swear, antagal na nitong draft sa laptop ko. Sorry po. Isiningit ko lang sa sobrang daming tasks ko. Haist.)

A/N : Hi. Again, ang laki ng pagkukulang ko bilang author ng fan fic na ito. Isang buwan ba naman bagio nakapag-update. In my defense, busy lang talaga sa school, sa mga pangyayari sa buhay, sa stress. Pero dahil baka ang iba sa inyo ay ginagawang stress reliever ang KY, then sure, update muna ako. Hehe.

Guys, sira yung key na w ko. So baka may kulang na letter w, maiintindihan ninyo. Haha.

Salamat ng marami.

-H

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her heart beat faster than race horse, but she accelerated to a faster speed. She loves running. The feeling when the wind hits her face and the way it messes her hair that's up in a ponytail. The friction between the asphalt road and her running shoes. The sweat forming all over her body. The overall vibe of the early morning, just before the sun rises.

Yet, there was one thing missing. The one that makes her feel warm...even just a memory. The cause of life's most wonderful butterflies. Her other half. She smiled, looking at her left hand, where the two bands remind her of the one forever she chose, on an afternoon of a Saturday, 21st of March, 2014. 

She noticed a car moving slowly beside her, putting a stop to her trail of thoughts. The window by the driver’s seat rolled down, revealing the world’s most handsome man—at least to her. “Excuse me, Miss. Have you seen a beautiful girl running alone around here?” he said, acting as if he is talking to a stranger. “Actually, I’m a Mrs. now, “ she said, putting up her hand to show the rings and a smirk on her face. “And as far as I know, there is no other lone runner aside from me.”

He laughed like a little kid and she can’t help but do the same. This time, she took his presence in and the way he looked like. A white muscle tee shows an outline of his toned abs and highlights his muscular biceps. But it’s his cheeky grin that made her heart melt. Meanwhile, his eyes roamed on her as well. Gentle curls hang by her cheek and back. She had a certain glow—blushing cheeks, lips curved into a smile, tantalizing eyes. He felt his cheeks heat up when his eyes lingered on her curvaceous body. The very definition of sexy.

He scratched the back of his neck. “I’m sorry if my getting-ready phase took about an hour,” he said, looking shyly at her. She chuckled and pinched either of his cheeks. “Don’t worry about it, Mistoi,” she stated. Gleefully, she walked, no, skipped her way to the other side of the car and hopped in. Right after the tinted window was pulled back up, her lips landed shortly on his. “So…we’re heading to the gym, right?” she said with her mouth hovering by his right ear, her arm breath tickling him. “Y-Yeah,” he managed to utter. She then pulled away. “Such a tease,” he whispered to himself.

      “Hmm?” she said.

      “Huh?”

      “You said something?”

       He shook his head no. She just shrugged and turned to the window and gazed outside. Karylle thought, I heard what my baby said. Haha, I just find his reaction so cute. She smiled to herself and somehow, Yael caught it on the rear view mirror. 

        "Misoooooooi," he said, clearly with a hint of suspicion on his wife's amused smile. "What?"

        "So tell me, what were you thinking?"