Chapter 8 : Showtime

Karylle's POV

Basically, Yael and I didn't get to hangout much after that. Yet, we still kept in touch—texting, chatting and even doing video calls! Things are really looking up. Plus, a new blessing came my way, first thing in the morning.

"K! Showtime asked if you want to be a hurado for this week?" Lauren asked by the phone.

"Sure! Tell them I'd love to," I said and got up to prepare.

She hung up and I did my usual morning rituals.

Driving silently on my to ABS, my phone beeped. I checked it, wondering who'd text me this early.  'See you in Showtime.' I let myself laugh a little and replied, 'Are you gonna be there?' Before I could bumped into the car in front of me, I stopped myself from texting. Sigh. 

Finally, I reached my destination and walked into my dressing room. "There you are!" Lau said, pulling me into a hug. She raised her eyebrows and asked, "So... how are things between you and  Yael?" Turning around to put on my outfit for the day,I blushed a little and shook my head."We're fine...I guess?" I hear her snort and mutter, "Really."

I walked towards the vanity chair and my stylist does her thing. My manager, continued blabbering about how great things are gonna be if I become a long-time judge here. She even said that I better work on my new album, and that is what I needed to remember him.

Reaching for my phone, I realized that Lauren was checking it out. "Hey!," I said, grabbing it from her. "Relax! I was just taking a picture of you and posted it on instagram!" Sighing of relief, I checked my inbox. I wasn't disappointed to see his reply. 'Maybe? ;) Good luck. ' I typed my reply and pressed send.  'See you! ;) ' 

The crew told me that I have to get up to the hurado's area and I did. Seeing Christian Bautista, I couldn't help but smile. "Kumusta na?" he says as we both leaned in for a hug. "I'm doing great! How 'bout you?" He didn't have the chance to say something because he was called out. It's nice to see a friendly face.

"Ms. K, you're up in three, two and ...one!"

The spotlight focuses on me as I squinted to see a pool of smiling faces looking at me. I waved at the crowd and flashed my best smile. They screamed even louder and gave me a round of applause.

A tall figured man stood before me. The first thing that caught my attention is that tattoo on his neck. "Hi Karylle! I'm Vice Ganda."