Chapter 7: Hot

Karylle's POV

Waking up to the sunlight hitting my face, I realized that I forgot to close the blinds last night. Oh well. I sighed and reached for its remote. Thank God for technology. I closed my eyes and the flashback starts. Every little thing last night—the way he talks, the way he laughs, the way he says my name—was absolutely... Perfect.

I shook my head and smiled reminiscing the best first date of my existence. Now he's really driving me crazy. 

YaelJust thinking about him makes me blush.

Weird as it may sound, I'm a morning person. I never get trouble getting up my bed. And as I did, something—no, someone—caught my eye. 

His face was as calm and innocent as that of a sweet angel. Soft snores escape his well-refined lips. I can't help but stare. He did stay. A smile crept up my lips as I approached the couch.

"Stop staring," he said, mimicking me. 

With all the strength that I have, I struggled not to laugh. I rolled my eyes and before I could tell him how much bad his acting skills was, he had me on top of him. At first, I thought it was going to be awkward but then it felt...comfortable. It felt... right.

"Woah." I muttered as I snuggled closer to him. He then wrapped his arms around me. It made me feel secured in his arms. I've never felt this way before.

Yael kissed the top of my head and it made my head spin. "Good morning, beautiful," he said as he hugged me even tighter—if that's even possible. I chuckled and lifted my head a little to face him. "Psh. You haven't even opened your eyes yet," and his eyes fluttered open. The sweet smile I have loved from the start appeared and I automatically did the same.

"You'll always be beautiful to me. No matter what," he cheekily stated as he ruffled my already messy hair. I untangled myself from his warm embrace and we sat up straight. We just stared at each other for a while. No one dares to speak. 

He pouted like a kid and both of us laughed hysterically. I pinched his cheeks and he pouted once more. "You're the cutest!" I exclaimed and we both headed downstairs.

I then sat down by the tall stools and Yael  checks out the fridge and peeked through some cupboards. Curious if he can cook, I dared to ask. "Nah. Just trying to figure out what to ask you for breakfast," What? Ask me for breakfast? What the hell is he trying to say?

"Excuse me?" you can sense the fear in my voice. Of course, he gave me a look as if trying to say 'what did I say wrong'. He let out a soft chuckle  and said, "It's okay if you can't cook though. All I want now are pancakes."  I shook my head and told him, "Pancakes are basics!" I gathered all the ingredients and caught him staring at me as I do so.

Yael's POV

Well, I could get used to watching this gorgeous lady cook. How can someone be this flawless. She's really something. Turning around, she looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Chocolate syrup would be good," I said then put on a smirk. She winked at me and got back on mixing the ingredients. I guess she's too focused on it that she didn't notice me as I made my way behind her.

Wrapping my arms around her, it made her jump a little. "Hey!" she squealed and put some flour on the tip of my nose. I sang the lyrics to the song I knew by heart, even though I'm not much of a Taylor Swift fan—or Swiftie as they say—the lines suits what I feel.

"All I know is you said hello and your eyes look like coming home, all I know is a simple name and everything has changed," she flashed a sweet smile and sang the next part. "All I know is you held the door, you'll be mine and I'll be yours, All I know since yesterday is everything has changed."

The smell of the pancakes filled the morning air and it made the ambiance even warmer and more comfortable. She sliced a piece and gestured for me to eat it and I did without second thoughts. "Hot!" I exclaimed as it burned my tongue. I reached for the glass of water on the table and drank it in one gulp. Karylle continues laughing at my foolishness so I teased her, "As hot as the one who cooked." Her face showed a tint of pink and I stole a kiss from her cheek.

"You sneaky pancake!" she screamed as she chased me in her own kitchen. I'm a fast one, but when my breathing got shallow, I stopped and gazed through her eyes. I move forward towards her, and she felt tensed. To make things worse, I gave her a smirk—the devilish one. Nervousness is written all over her face. 

Finally, she bumped into the counter and I did my last trick. Slowly, I leaned in, making my face near  hers. As I expected, she closed her eyes, a signal that it's okay for me to kiss her. I stretched my arm and reached for the chocolate syrup and whispered, "Excuse me."

In an instant, she opened her eyes to find out that I've been teasing her. I swear, she's as red as a tomato. Afterwards, her aura just felt dark and gloomy. Giving her a peace sign didn't seem to enlighten her mood. She stormed out of the kitchen and went to the living room. Uh oh

I followed her out and saw her slumping down the couch, face down. "Hey, I'm sorry." I said, poking her left arm. "I don't want to talk about it. Nakakahiya," she said, still hiding her face. It made me realize how awkward that might be for her. 

"Bati na tayo. Pleaseeeeeeee?" I begged, kneeling by her. It made her sit straight and burst into laughter. "Ah, tinatawanan mo ako ha?" I said as I tackled her and tickled her by the sides. She wiggled and tried to stop me. "Waaahahahaha. Tama na! Whahahaa."

We both felt exhausted so we just sat there for a couple of minutes, trying to catch our breath. 

I then remembered that we have a band meeting today. Shoot.

"Uhm, I really need to go.  I had fun, K," I said winking at her. And as what I've expected she blushed and playfully slapped my arm. "Yeah, me too."

And we walked to the door and I continuously walked. But halfway down the few steps of the stairs, I turned around. She raised her eyebrow as if to ask why. I beamed at her and patted her head. "Take care." She gave back a smile and said, "You too." Karylle then closed the door. 

I miss her already.

A/N : Sigh. I'm having a tough time right now. Oh. To all silent readers out there, PUHLEEZE vote. And share. And criticize this thing. Plus, follow  me on twitter. @NikitaSwiftLaw. --Hail :)