Chapter XIV

I wasn't planning on posting today, but I changed my mind! You wanna know why? Because I have such awesome fans and readers! Don't really know about this chapter though, I'm kind of on the fence about it, but I'm not going to go and change it cause it took me hours just to write it up. Hopefully you all enjoy it though...

Banner By xappletinix >>>>>>>>>

Vote 

Comment

Fan

**************************

To say things were awkward and tense for the next couple of days would be an understatement. Cain had been keeping his distance from me which I guess you could say was a good thing. I didn't trust myself to be anywhere near him with out wanting to rip his clothes off. But, that had not been the reasons for the days to be so tense and awkward. The reason for that was the looked at me when we shared a glance. There was something unreadable in his eyes and I could put a finger on it. 

Sometimes it seemed as if he knew something I didn't. Or even something he wasn't supposed to know. What that something was I had no clue. I tried everyday not to think about it or him and everyday I failed; epically! I wanted to know what was going on in that head of his. The only way I could find out was through him or Dean. Dean would be my safest option; if I could pry him away from Jas long enough to talk to him.

It wasn't until Wednesday when I was finally able to pull Dean to the side and talk to him. I wasn't sure what to ask without coming off as some crazy obsessed girl trying to find out about her crush. Was it even my place to question anything that was going on with Cain? We may be mates and I may wear his mark, but did that really give me any right to ask his best friend questions?"

"Are you alright?" Dean asked tilting his head to the side looking at me with his brows furrowed. "You've been standing there staring off into space for a while."

"Yeah, I'm good." I nodded trying to bring myself back to the conversation I was about to have.

"Okay, so you wanted to talk to me about something." he said 

"Right, um, I was just wondering if you knew what's going on with Cain?" I questioned "He's been giving me weird looks since we got back."

"You really don't know?" 

"If I did, I wouldn't be asking now would I."

"True," he nodded "Well, he over heard what you told Mana after your run."

I'm pretty sure my heart just stopped. He couldn't have heard that! He wasn't even around when I said it. Not like that made it any better.

"What part?" I whispered

"All of it. How you both talked about what it would've been like if the two of you were mates instead of you and Cain. Then the part about how you wished Cain was more like Mana."

I groaned and buried my face in my hands. "This is so not good."

"Nope, it definitely is not." he agreed "Look, I know where you're coming from. Cain isn't the easiest person around and he hasn't made being his mate any easier on you either. This whole situation is just as hard on him as it is on you. He isn't like most of us who have been waiting for their mate most of our lives. So in a way he's new to all of it."