Chapter XXXV

Personally I think that this is a crappy chapter lol...*sighs* but what can you do right? Not everything can come out all the great....

vote

comment

fan

~Cain~

I had been out helping with the extra patrols for who knows how long. It felt like I had been at for days when in reality it was barely even six hours. Maybe a little more, give or take. Since it had been a while since I had even been out on a patrol it was like the hours just seemed to drag by. Circling the inside of the school walls had to be the most boring thing that I have even done in my life. Circling the walls in wolf form was even worse, you can’t communicate for crap. One thing I was happy about was the fact that every so often we would switch up on who was in human form and who was in wolf. Shifting back and forth was the highlight of my day. 

There wasn’t much in the way of complaining on my part though. I didn’t want the rouges getting in just as much, if not more, then anyone else. My mate, family and friends were all here and I would do anything in my power to make sure that they were all safe. There was no way I wanted anything to happen to any them, or anyone in this school for that matter. 

Throughout the day my thoughts kept drifting off to my mate – Kaila. I had hoped that she wasn’t too upset when she woke up and I wasn’t there. Lord knows how up and down her mood has been lately. Hopefully she had gotten my note before she started tripping out. I had a feeling that I should have left it next to the bed so that it was the first thing that she would see when she woke up. But, no, I had been in such a rush to get out the door that I had left it in the kitchen. With my luck she was probably fuming and I would be getting my ass chewed out when I got back. 

We were just coming up along the eastern wall of the campus when loud bang filled the air. Before any of us on patrol had time to grasp what had just happened, a ton of hunters and rogues descended on us. While we were occupied with that, more and more slipped past us. My mind didn’t even register the amount of rogues and hunters that had come through the whole that had been blown through the wall. All I could think about was my next victim. That and the fierce need to keep as many of them as I could away from the school. We were a few miles out from the main campus and it was going to take some time to fight our way back. 

I didn’t know how long we had been at it. Every time my group and I fought off a group of rogues or hunters another came along to fill their spot. By the time we made it back to the campus it was pure chaos. We were in the main part of the high school part of the campus, wolves of all ages were fighting off wolves and humans alike. For the most part, the other students were in human form fighting. That seemed to throw the hunters and rogues for a loop. It wasn’t every day that you encountered wolves who would much rather fight in human form. 

Fighting my through the masses I made it to the dorms. I knew that I was needed in the fight but, I just had to make sure that my mate was safe. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if anything happened to her. I through the doors and up the flights of stairs heading to my room first. It was empty like I knew it would be, though I hoped that it wouldn’t. It was so like Kaila to jump into the mix regardless of her well being, everyone else came first. She was going to make one hell of an amazing luna one day. Running back down the hall I stopped at Amy’s room, only she and Sierra were there. According to Amy ‘Her stupid mate wouldn’t allow to help.’ With a quick kiss to her forehead I left the room and building. Running out of the front doors I nearly collided with Na’ali’i. What he was doing in the middle of the action was beyond me.