Chapter XXIII

Not that long of a chapter but, all I could come up with in an hour. I had most of this chapter already written out but, I lost it. So this isn’t as good as I wanted it to be. I do like this chapter though and I hope you all do to...

Vote

Comment

Fan

*******************

We’re getting a new roommate,” Amy said as we all sat around at the coffee shop after school. 

The last week had been crazy in school. Our D.O.T.T. class was killing me and I was ready to strangle my cousin. Damn him for being our teacher and not taking it easy on us. Though I doubt I would take it easy on my students after what had happened. But still, it freaking sucked and I made sure to tell him that every chance I got. I didn’t care that I sounded like a whining child. My freaking body hurt.

“Isn’t everyone already assigned dorms?” I questioned confused “We’re already months into the school year.”

“Transfer student,” Amy said tracing the rim of her mug.

“What are we doing here? Shouldn’t be at the room waiting on your new roomie?” I asked picking up my bag and slinging it over my shoulder.

“Well aren’t you in a hurry,” Cain teased 

“You never know, their new roommate might be really hot.” I teased 

He scoffed “Whatever you say,” 

Our group walked back to the dorm together and once in the room we all situated ourselves in the living room or kitchen. Since D.O.T.T. had been our last class I was starving, okay not really but, I still wanted to snack on something. I put some pineapple chunks onto a plate and sprinkled Li Hing Mui powder on to it. Hoisting myself onto the counter I chucked a piece into my mouth and moaned at the taste. I really did love it. 

“What are you eating?” Cain asked walking into the kitchen.

“You want some?” I asked holding a piece out to him.

“I don’t know...” he said slowly

“Please, for me,” I said giving him my best puppy dog face. It never worked on anyone but, I figured I’d give it a shot anyway.

Cain sighed and eyed the piece of pineapple I held between my fingers. He gave me a look that clearly said he’d rather not eat it. With a groan he took the piece between his teeth and chewed. I bit my lip and waited for his reaction. I knew that not everyone like it even people back home who grew up with it. 

Cain nodded and swallowed “Not bad.” he said as a knock sounded at the door. 

Everyone just sat around looking at each other. No one bothered to move. I laughed quietly and hopped off the counter. 

“That’s okay, you all just sit back and relax.” I said sarcastically walking to the door. 

I opened the door with a smile on my face. Two girls were standing there looking really nervous.