Chapter XXII

I know my update timing really sucks...I can’t seem to post when I’m supposed to...Something always seems to get in the way of my updating...That’s what happen’s though when you’ve got a house and three kids to take care of...From now on I will try to get my chapters out quicker though I can’t make any promises...I hope you all enjoy this chapter...

Vote

Comment

Fan

****************

The day after Halloween once we all got back to the campus I went in search of Mana. I had waited for him all night the night before and he never came back to the table and he didn’t meet up with us that morning. Mana had never pulled something like that before and I was starting to get worried. I tried calling and texting but, got nothing in return. There were no classes today since the school knew that half of its high school and middle school students wouldn’t attend so catching him class was a no go. 

I had left Cain back at Amy’s room and walked down the hall to Mana’s. I walked in the room and looked around. Ash and Nate said they were going to catch up on some sleep and Kai decided to do the same. I knocked on Mana’s bedroom door and waited. I waited a little longer before knocking again. When he still didn’t answer I opened the door to find the room empty. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, where the heck could he be.

Something in me twisted and I got really nervous. What if something had happened to him last night and we didn’t even realize it? What if he was hurt somewhere or worse taken my hunters? So many different scenarios were playing in my mind as I ran out his room and went to wake the others. Ash was just as nervous as me but, Kai and Nate said that we shouldn’t worry to much. How the hell did they expect me not to worry about him. This was our best friend we were talking about. 

“You were with him for most of the night Kai, did he say anything?” I asked

“He was still at the club chatting up some girls when I left him.” Kai said “He said that he would meet up with us later.”

“Well it is way past later ” I exclaimed “He’s not answering his phone and isn’t responding to any of the text’s that I’ve sent to him.”

“He just responded to mine, said he would be back soon.” Kai shrugged

“Why would he text you back but not me?” I asked 

“Um...” Kai began nervously

“What? What do you know that I don’t?” I asked

“It’s not my place to say anything, it’s something that the two of you should talk about.” he replied

“I would if he would actually talk to me.” I said “Did I do something?”

“No, no, no you didn’t do anything.” Kai said 

“Then why wont he talk to me?”

“Look, he’ll be back soon then you can talk.” he said 

I sighed and walked out of their dorm. What had happened within the last almost two weeks that had changed things between Mana and I? Had I really done something? I didn’t know what to do so I went and sat out front on one of the benches to wait for him to come back. He said soon so hopefully I wasn’t sitting out in the cold weather for too long. I didn’t feel like getting sick even if it would only last for a couple hours. I was sitting out on the bench for nearly an hour before I saw Mana walking toward the building.