Sorry.

Daniella's POV

How dare he. How dare he.. all the shit I've been through. God.

I lifted up my hand and smacked his shoulder. "You don't know anything about me," I spat. I saw him clench his jaw, furrow his brow, and try to blink away his tears. "You are such an ass!"

His jaw clenched.

"And maybe if you were to just open up a little bit your life would change for the better. I do know what it feels like! There is an extreme feeling of loss that can never be replaced. The worst part being that no matter which way you slice it you have to live with the fact that she didn't leave you because she wanted to or because 'god had a fucking plan' or some shit. She left you because you killed her. My mom died in a car accident and I was driving."

I saw the sorrow in his eyes become more prominent.

"Maybe if you didn't want me to refere to you as 'Agent Dolan', we could've talked and maybe became friends! And before you say it no, I've never lost a sister but I have lost enough at the fault of my own hands to know what it feels like to be completely disgusted with yourself."

I smacked him again, this time harder. I saw his face drop even more.

"And you don't know shit about me either! So don't blow up in my face when all I tried to do was help!" I cursed as I shoved him again, putting more space between us. Tears were falling from my eyes faster than I could wipe them away. "I'm sorry that you lost your mother and your sister but don't you dare take it out on me because I have enough shit to deal with!"

Grayson's POV

My heart dropped to my stomach,

Why did I say that?

"I-I'm so-" I began

I'm such an ass, god.

"No," she snapped "Don't even apologize because I know you don't mean it. All you and Mr. Johnson care about is solving this case. So here."

She grabbed a file from the paper stack in one hand and my computer in the other. I could see her face, glassy with fresh tears.

"I think I found out where his daughter lives, there's supposedly 108 year old lady who takes Karate lessons and goes out to all types of clubs," she croaked "look into it... Sir."

She shoved the papers and computer in my hand and started to walk off. I dropped them on the sofa. I turned around, grabbed her hand and pulled her in locking my arms around her. She sunk her face into my chest and I could feel the warmth of her tears.

"I'm sorry." I whisper into her ear.