it's only you my love.

Grayson's POV

In the matter of 30 minutes, the brownies and I were ready to meet 'Amy Claire'. I twirled my ring around my finger, I noticed it had 'only you my love' engraved inside.

Awe, that's cute. 'only you my love'.

"Hey Daniella," I yelled "You ready?"

"Yea." She walked down the stairs and said "All I need is my ring."

"Oh I left it for you on the kitchen counter." I ran to the kitchen grabbed her ring from the counter and the brownies. I handed her the ring.

"What? No proposal." she joked.

I smirked and said "It's only you my love."

That was weird, why did I say that.

Daniella laughed, slipping on the ring.

Daniella's POV

I put my shoes on and Grayson and I left to Amy Claire's house not knowing completely what to expect.

I hope there isn't a 108 year old lady who goes clubbing, I really hope I'm onto something. I want to help Grayson hurt less. I've only known him for a few days but seeing him hurt... makes me hurt. I don't know.

We walk across the street not knowing what we should expect. My heart was racing. My palms began to sweat.

"Hold my hand," I blurted out "We need to look like a couple."

Grayson took his hand and held mine in it.

He makes me feel safe. "It's only you my love," what does that even mean. Is that some kind of FBI joke or something, is it a gamer joke? I don't know.

We walk up the pavement passing flowers of every color. We walk up the stairs, every step causing me more and more anxiety. I grip Grayson's hand tighter.

Grayson rings the doorbell. The door was weathered and beaten just like the rest of the house. The floor of the deck was splintered and scuffed from years of use. We wait a moment until the door opens. A women opened the door, she looked as if she was in her twenties. Her blonde hair was shiny and slicked back like a bird's feathers. She had high firm cheekbones and a nose that looked rather flat. Her face showed no signs of aging, she was somewhat tall and fairly slender.

Who is that? Is that Jack the Ripper's daughter? 

"Hello?" she said. Her voice was icy and sharp, just the sound sent shivers down my spine.

"Hi," I responded "I'm Holly and this is my husband Tanner, we just moved in across the street and wanted to stop by and meet our neighbors."

"Oh well I don't live here," she insisted "I just take care of Anna- I mean Amy Claire. She is a very... frail old women you see. She needs my help a lot of the time and stuff."

I scanned her up and down not breaking the fake smile slapped onto my face. She was wearing hot pink high heels and enough makeup for three women nevermind one. I turned over my gaze to the inside of the house. There were clothes everywhere and pictures of her and other women around her age scattered.

That doesn't look like a very frail old woman's house.

"Oh well," Grayson said "We made some brownies."

He handed her the tray and she rolled her eyes. She flashed a big toothy smile at us. Grayson released my hand and rested his arm on my waist.

"Oh thank you so much. I'll make sure to give them to Amy." she lied. She flared us a grin and closed the door.

We headed down the steps and the walk way. As we were crossing the street I looked back at the house that used to be Amy Claire's. I saw the same woman we were speaking to just a moment ago's eyes peeking through the blinds staring at us. I turned back and whispered "She's watching us." 

Grayson nodded. When we got back into our property he spun me around and looked me in the eyes.

"How good is your acting?" He asked looking down it my lips. I furrowed my brow.

He put his arms around me.

Grayson's POV

I put my arms around her waist. Pulling her in slowly. I picked up her chin with my index finger and thumb. The kiss was passionate, I thought I felt sparks between us but then I remembered it was all fake. She was acting. She was pretending. The kiss meant nothing to her. 

We are undercover.