public and private

Daniella's POV

I walked down the stairs and am welcomed by Grayson. He smiled at me and I was just blown away. I never realized how beautiful his smile was. I knew he didn't smile much but I didn't realize how contagious it was when he did. He had the kind of smile that made the whole world want to pause and take a look. The kind of smile that just warmed up your heart and lit up the room. He was wearing a tux that fit his muscled body perfectly. 

"Hey," he said letting his smile fade.

I took a moment to collect myself. "Hey." I responded.

"Are you ready?" he asked

"Yea."

We got in Grayson's Range Rover and began to drive off to La Taqueria. Not even 5 minutes into our drive Mr. Johnson left us a message on Grayson's phone.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Dolan." he began

"Congrats! You two are now lovebirds in public and in private," I furrowed my brow and looked at Grayson who had the same confused look on his face. "As you know the FBI has cameras placed throughout your house,"

What? CAMERAS? I didn't know that,I think I'm going to pass out. In what rooms? Oh, lord. 

"Well, we checked the footage on the cameras and we saw almost as soon as you left someone broke into your house. While they were in your house they scattered their own cameras and microphones around your home. With the profile you two left us earlier this morning on the women living in Amy Claire's house, we have confirmed that Jack the Ripper's daughter bugged your house. So now from this moment forward you two have to sleep in the same bed, eat dinner together, talk nothing of the investigation inside your home and just act like a married couple all the time. Good-bye."

I rubbed my temples with my fingers and just tried to process what Mr. Johnson said. "Sleep in the same bed, eat dinner together, talk nothing of the investigation inside your home," quoted my brain. I looked at Grayson, he had thick worry lines above his eyebrows. He looked at me and gave me a weak smile. We kept driving in silence until we got to the restaurant.

When we pulled into the parking lot my breath hitched. The restaurant was bordered with fairy lights and vines ran elegantly around the corners of the building. There was a consistent flow of people going in and out all dressed like kings and queens.

Bless you Andrea. I don't know what I would have worn without you.

Grayson exited the car, walked around and opened my door. He helped me out of the car and rested his hand on my waist as we walked into the door of La Taqueria. When we walked in the scent of lavender and food flooded my senses. There were paintings of landscapes on the walls. The funny thing is there wasn't any music, no background music at all. The restaurant was filled with natural noise of all the guests. It was filled with laughter and people talking.

"Hello, can I help you young lovers?" An older lady asked us.

I could feel myself blushing.

"Yes," Grayson said "For Mr. and Mrs. Dolan party of two, reservations for 7 o'clock."

I could feel my face getting redder and redder by the minute.

Another lady lead us through a few rows of tables. She stopped when we reached a table next to a huge glass window that had a velvety purple card that read 'Mr and Mrs Dolan' in gold.

"Have a seat Mr and Mrs Dolan, a waiter will be with you shortly." she said.

We sat down and before I could even open my mouth to say something Mr. Johnson is called me. I rolled my eyes which made Grayson chuckle.

He truly is beautiful but, we're co-workers. I can still think he's attractive right?

"Hello Mr. Johnson how may I help you." I asked.

"Our anonymous tip was false, it turned out to be a college kid pranking us." he explained.

"Oh, so do Grayson and I have to leave?" I asked.

"No, enjoy your dinner," he said "it is already paid for, good-bye." Click.

"The tip was a bunch of college kids, no one's here." I repeated. I watched as his face dropped and it broke my heart. I reached across the table and held his hand in mine. "Grayson, we are going to catch him. We are."

He gave me a weak smile. "Mr. Johnson said we could stay and eat dinner, our meal is already paid for." I told him.

He nodded but I could see his pain and disappointment in his eyes.

30 minutes later we were both done with our main course. We talked about the case almost the whole time. We talked about Jack the Ripper's daughter and wondered about what happened to the real Amy Claire. I was disappointed to be honest, I still wanted to know more about Grayson.

"You look stunning in that dress." he commented while we were trying to pick a dessert.

"Thank you," I said "You don't clean up that bad either." 

Not bad at all.

Something caught my eye in the window. It was Jack the Ripper's daughter walking in front of the restaurant. She was wearing a fiery red wig and a teal dress. Despite the hair color change, I could still tell it was her.

"Grayson," I said in an alerting tone but with a big grin "Do not turn around. His daughter is here."

As soon as I said that our waitress came over. "Hello, is there anything else I can get you?"

"No," Grayson blurted out, he looked at me with panicked eyes "I think we should go, our meal is paid for."

"Yes I am aware," she said noting Grayson's harsh tone "Well, have a good night Mr and Mrs. Dolan."

When we walked out of the restaurant we lost sight of her. Grayson looked left and right trying to find her, but it was no use, she wasn't anywhere.

"Grayson stop it,' I said jerking his arm "You look suspicious."

"I'm sorry," he said slapping a clearly fake smile on his face "C-Can we please just go?"

His smile doesn't twinkle the same when it's forced.