La Taqueria

Daniella's POV

I woke up the next morning to the ringing of my cell. I tried to ignore it, but the ringing just got louder. I groaned, reached over and grabbed my cell. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it was Mr. Johnson.

"Hello Mr. Johnson." I said trying to clear my throat.

"Hello, Ms.Quira, did I wake you?"

"Oh no, you didn't." I said getting up from my bed and stumbling to the bathroom.

"Good," he began "I have gotten you and Agent Dolan reservations at 'La Taqueria' for tonight at 8. We got an anonymous tip that one of Jack the Ripper's friends has plans to go there at the same time tonight. Be careful. Don't be late. Come with your badges. I will see you there." Without saying goodbye or anything my phone clicked.

"Grayson." I yelled.

"Yea?" He responded.

"Mr. Johnson got us reservations at 'La Taqueria' tonight at 8."

"Why?" he asked.

"Supposedly one of Jack the Ripper's friends has plans to go there tonight."

"Okay."

The whole day Grayson and I were looking farther into Amy Claire. We managed to find out she had a daughter. Her daughter was 68, had no criminal record and lived in upstate New York. It took a while for us to track down her phone number but as soon as we did I called her. 

I pretended to be the daughter of one of Amy Claire's friends who had just passed away. She explained to us how she hasn't spoken to her mother in over 20 years, she just assumed her mother died a while ago and the police couldn't track her down. I thanked her for her time and we said our good-byes. 

Grayson and I wrote up a report about Amy Claire, her daughter and our little visit and sent it to Mr. Johnson.

"We have reason to believe Amy Claire is deceased, even though we have no death record on file under her name.

We think that the reason her credit cards and insurance are still in use is because Jack the Ripper's daughter (name unknown) has adopted Amy Claire's credentials (credit cards, debit cards etc) as her own. Jack the Ripper's daughter most likely continues to pretend to be Amy Claire on paper so we, the government, don't know she exists and can't trace her father down through her paper trails."

Before I knew it, it was 7 o'clock.

"Oh shit Grayson, it's 7 o'clock we have to get ready," I blurted out. He looked at the clock,"Oh wow it is."

I ran upstairs to go and get ready.

Is La Taqueria a fancy Restaurant?

I googled the restaurant and saw it was one of the top 10 in California.

Oh no. Do I even own anything that nice? Shit.

I ripped open my luggage and within a few seconds of rummaging through basic casual clothing I saw a piece of silky green fabric.

What the hell is this?

I pulled a bag out of the bottom of my luggage with a piece of paper taped onto it that said 'You're Welcome -A'. I opened the bag to see a knee length emerald short sleeve dress with gold detailing.

It's beautiful.

I texted Kaira...

Daniella: I hate you!

Andrea: Did you find it?

Daniella: YES! IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL OMG! IT MUST'VE BEEN SO EXPENSIVE!

Andrea: Don't worry about the price, go out and rock it. He'll love it.

Daniella: How do you know about Grayson? I don't remember telling you about him.

Andrea: You never told me anything but you wouldn't be wearing a dress that beautiful unless a really hot guy was involved. BTW Grayson is a sexy name!

Daniella: I'm going to tell Stephan you said that.

Andrea: You wouldn't.

Daniella: *wink* I have to go.. I'll text you later. Love you!

Andrea: Love you too, MAKE SURE TO SEND ME A PICTURE!

I slipped the dress on and curled several random pieces of my hair. I applied light makeup and headed for the stairs.

It's going to be a long night.