vivian.

Daniella's POV

We stepped inside the house. "We have to be out in five minutes," Grayson shouted over the bumping music and screaming teenagers "Right now it is 9:32, we won't have more than five minutes."

I glanced out the window and saw Jack the Ripper's daughter talking to an officer as people scattered. I looked around the room as kids fled, this was definitely not a little old lady's home. Grayson held my hand and led me to where he thought the office or study was. It's funny, we are sneaking into a serial killer's daughter's house and our lives are on the line yet, I'm still focusing on the feeling of his skin on mine.

We walk into the first door on the right. He was right, it was an office. He looks at me and smiles with satisfaction. I rolled my eyes and took out my phone. I started snapping pictures of every paper I thought could help us. Grayson bent down and opened a file cabinet next to me.

9:34. (Three minutes.)

At one point, I glanced over at him. He was staring blankly into a piece of paper. "Gray?" I whispered shaking him out of it. He turned the paper towards me so I could see it. It was a family photo... of his family.

I bent down next to him. In the file cabinet there was at least 16 files, all labeled by last names.

These must be all the victims.

9:36. (Two minutes.)

"Anderson. Bennet. Bentley." I read through the names. "Camelson.... Dolan." I pulled out the file and opened it. I gasped. I wanted to scream. Pictures of Grayson's sister and mother's crime scene spewed out from the file all over the floor along with a few other documents. I gathered the pictures as best I could, I prayed and hoped that for some reason, hell, any reason Grayson didn't see the pictures but, I knew he had. I knew his heart broke. I knew his lip quivered. I knew that these photos would be the reason for more of his fake smiles. I knew, every part of me knew, he would lie if I asked him if he was okay. 

I didn't even look at him, I couldn't. I snapped photos of the few documents inside the 'Dolan' file and looked at the clock. 

It was 9:38. (No minutes)

"Shit, Gray we have to go." I blurted out. I still didn't look him in the eyes, I couldn't.

I gathered the pictures and placed them back into the file. I did the same to the documents, shut the file and put it back where it came from. I got up and started heading for the door.

But of course, with my luck, as soon as we reached the door we heard the front door slam and heels clack against the dining room floors. "Shit, shit, shit." I cursed.

Grayson pulled me against the wall behind the door and covered my mouth with his hand. He closed the door slowly and quietly as the clacking of someones shoes became louder and louder. Grayson put his finger to his lips. "Shhh," I nodded. I looked at him, his cheeks were flushed and his eyes were narrow. He held my hands in his and peaked his head out a little crack he left in the door.

"She's in the kitchen." he said it so quietly, it was barely a whisper. "In order for us to get out the back door we have to pass the living room and the kitchen without her seeing us."

"When she goes to her bedroom we can make a run for it," I say in the same tone. "Maybe even the bathroom."

Grayson nods his head peaking out the crack once again.

KNOCK KNOCK.

Who could that be? The police?

"Hey daddy," we heard a women say. I felt Grayson's grip on my hands get tighter.

"Hey Vivian," we heard another raspy voice say.

That must be Jack the Ripper and Vivian must be his daughter.