Chapter 1: the gifts

Five seconds of summer: Wherever you are

Extract

Bea strode on the bare ground. She exhaled for the fifth time as she tried quickening her steps. She couldn't stop her heart from beating fast. She turned around to look at Cody. At the back of him was Corbin.

Bea had to go to the place where she discovered the black diamond. It was the ground further down so she had to fly with a broom which she was holding in her right hand. Corbin and Cody had decided to take her to the edge of the ground so she could fly to the ground further down.

Everyone else was back at the house. Bea gave Cody a wry smile but he couldn't return it. He was scared for her. She could tell just by looking at him. She turned her head forward and tried to figure out some other way so she could get Holy and still keep her necklace.

Cody was trying his hardest to prevent his hands from grabbing Bea and stopping her. He turned his head to the side and after a few seconds, he noticed that there was something in the air about two feet away from him. It looked like glass.

The same type of glass a force field would have. But it wasn't quite the same as a force field. It had blue-white electric charges that made it look quite visible. The shield was charged with electricity. And as Cody turned his head from his side to all the way forward...he could still see it.

He noticed the shield was curved and it was surrounding them in a half circle...and Bea was about to step right in front of it.

"Bea no!" He screamed as he felt his heart race faster.

He ran trying to stop her and ended up stepping right in front of her making him to step through the force field instead.

Bea couldn't tell what was happening until the force field hit Cody making him to fly backwards in the air and fall right on the ground about   
Five feet away.

"No!" Bea screamed making her broom stick to drop to the ground.

Her whole body suddenly felt hot and her heart was now beating as fast as the speed of light. She felt one drop of tear running down her cheek. She ran as fast as she could to where he was.

He was collapsed on the ground and he wasn't moving an inch. Her knees dropped to the ground and she felt his neck for a heartbeat but she couldn't hear it. Corbin rushed to where she was and bent down beside her.

"I...I can't feel his heart." She stuttered with more tears running down her cheeks.

This couldn't be happening right? This was the first thing she ever feared happening and now it was happening. His eyes where shut close and there seemed to not be any sense of life in him.

Chapter 1: The gifts

Friday afternoon

Beatrice Evan was given a gift by her mother two years ago when she died. It is a magic necklace that can grant one their deepest desires if they believe in it with all their hearts.

She has since learned how to use it and she often wonders if it is a curse rather than a gift because of the lot of dangers she's encountered since the moment she learned to control it.

When her mom died, she was left with her stepbdad, Tom Evans, who she has grown very close to.

"What did you say dad?" Beatrice Evans asked Tom on Friday afternoon when he came to pick her up from school in the car. She had been too busy thinking about the ton of things to do this spring break from school since school was closing for third term. Not that there was anything exiting to even do. But with her friends, family and magic, anything was possible.