Interview 10: morstan

1. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself? 
My name is Anne, I'm a misanthrope who enjoys blogging and wasting time watching TV off of Netflix. And illegally downloading stuff. And writing. Writing's cool too. 

2. What inspired you to write?
 I've been writing since I was really little, and last year a friend of mine off of another website showed me this place and my love and inspiration for writing have kind of snowballed from there.

3. Quickly, can you give us the title and genre of your stories? 
City Girl is a teen fiction romance story, and The Verona Project is similar, but a short story.

4. Who is your intended audience and why should they read your book?
I think teenagers or anyone over eleven, pretty much, would be my intended audience. Uh, you should read my books because I attempt to be funny and clever and it's probably amusing to see how funny it is when I fail at being funny. And because I've sold my soul to Satan for what little talent I have, so it'd be nice to get something in return for that

5. How did you come up with the title of your books?
 I actually can't remember where I got the title for City Girl, but The Verona Project - I've seen stories with similar titles, and I wanted to sort of fit my own around that, so I picked out the destination from the story and stuck it in the title.

6. Tell us a little bit about your cover art. Who designed it? Why did you go with that particular image/artwork?
My good friend C.E. (@northandsouth) did City Girl's. I did The Verona Project's, and I chose the picture mainly because I think of this story as a very summery one, with lots of light - I literally searched up 'light, girl, sun' as the tags for the image. 

7. Who is your favorite character from your stories and why?
Probably Abby from The Verona Project. She's kind of what I want myself to be, so that's why I think I like her so much. 

8. How about your least favorite character?  What makes them less appealing to you?
Albert from City Girl, definitely. If you've read the story, he's just a general douchebag. Don't like him. Never have. 

9. Do you have any unique talents or hobbies?
Not any interesting talents, but I like to write and read and I'm on my school's quiz bowl team!

10. Where do you get your ideas?
I dunno, really. Often times I'm inspired by other media - songs, movies, and I just sort of do my own take on those. 

11. What are some things you like to do when you’re not writing?  
Sleep. Go on Tumblr. Watch Sherlock, Supernatural, or 2 Broke Girls. 

12. What distinguishes good writing from bad writing? 
Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit. 

13. If you were writing a book about your life, what would the title be?
"The Misanthropic and Highly Uninteresting Tale of Anne"

14. Imagine your characters are on survivor.  Who will they vote out of the book?
Clara would probably vote the girl she saw Lennon with at the end of Chapter Four, and Abby would probably vote off Julia or her parents. 

15.  Do you see writing as a career or a hobby?
Both. I want to be able to turn my hobbies into a career when I'm older. 

16. Will you have a new story coming out soon? If so can you tell us about it? 
Yeah! I was actually working on a cover a while ago. It'll be called 'Horizon' and it's going to be very much like the movie 2012. I'm super excited for it.

17. What was the hardest part of writing your book? 
 Well, I haven't finished any, but middles of books are really hard to write. That's normally where I abandon them. 

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? 
Don't run away from home and run away from strangers who can potentially screw you over (learned from The Verona Project). 

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS A LOT. 

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?
 Learn your shit before you write. There's a bunch of advice on the Internet and make sure you look it over! It can really help. And regardless of what commenters might say, keep writing. Write for yourself. It makes it worth it.