Interview 35: Musiq4lyf

1. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?

I'm 4'11 and probably one of the craziest people ever. I'm good at many things and I make friends very easily. I'd rather eat and read a book than like dress up and go to function, honestly aha

2. What inspired you to write?

I was inspired to write at a pretty early age. I started as a poet and then I believe after reading The Princess Diaries for the first time I wanted to write books so that I could create characters just as cool as Mia.

3. Do you see yourself in any of the characters?

As in characters that I have written? If yes then of course. I see myself in Hannah for we have the same sense of humor and attitude. I see myself in Leanna because I am just as sarcastic as she is. I see myself in Cindy for I make lots of mistakes but I'm loyal at the same time.

4. Do you listen to music while you write? If so what?

I do listen to music. I listen to choral music or The Host soundtrack. The Host soundtrack is so peaceful ha

5. Would you call yourself a wattpad celebrity? Why so or why not?

No. Ha I am not that known on this website aha I have like a million reads and that's all. That's okay though I'm proud of what I've done.

6. What were your favorite books when you were growing up?

My favorite books were Junie B. Jones and The Princess Diaries HANDS DOWN.

7.Who does your covers? If you do, what programs do you use?

Sometimes Prisim does my covers. Adore her. Then sometimes I make them on Adobe photoshop.

8. When naming your characters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning?

Um, sometimes, if it's a fantasy then yes I do consider the meaning of a name at times. But when it's just a fiction... eh not so much.

9. What books have most influenced your life most?

I think that Their Eyes Were Watching God has influenced my life the most. It's such a fabulous novel about life and of course Unwind has also. It made me feel proud to be someone who always fights for what I believe in.

10. What job did you want to be as a kid?

I alternated between veterinarian, obstetrician, pediatrician, singer, and back again aha

11.Do you ever experience writer's block?

Yes, all the time. I have it right now actually so I haven't written in a long time.

12. Do you work with an outline, or just write?

I literally just write. I have used an outline before maybe just once but I'm more freelance and I like to just let things flow and change and take its course. STD Trace came out just fine that way ha

13. Do you see writing as a career?

Yes, I do see it as a career. As a journalism major I'm writing constantly all the time. I love it.

14. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

My favorite author is Meg Cabot. It's because she writes such an easy flow and a brilliant sense of humor. She never fails to make me laugh. I admire that dearly. And even if her characters do not start off as strong and striking ones they always develop into something special of their own before you know it and character development is something a lot of people have trouble creating.

16. What was the hardest part of writing your book?

The hardest part about writing my books was the Wattpad restrictions aha Like I'm a very... realistic and vulgar writer. And I couldn't really do what I really wanted to do with Cindy ESPECIALLY. And I had to censor Hannah's dialogue a whole lot. And it took away a lot of funny and intense moments. Also, staying focused was hard as well. I have the tendency to do five billion things instead of ONE thing at a time.

17. What was the easiest part of writing your book?

The easiest part about writing my book would be the fun I have while writing and the support from my followers. Like I laugh along with the characters and smiled with them and cried with them. I BELIEVED in them and that made it that much easier to write what I was writing. And to know that my followers were excited to read it made it that much easier.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

Hm, wow fabulous question. I am quite sure that I learned patience, perseverance, and compassion. I learned how to be patient and wait for the crux of the matter in a story and not rush it. I learned how to keep at it, and finish strong. And I learned how to love something and nurture it.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

I just want to say that even though I'm on extreme writer's block and busy with college, I'm still here for you all ha

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

Advice? Well... Grammar of course is important with writing but you can be taught that. Anyone can be taught how to format a sentence, but people cannot be taught the initial GIFT of writing and creating characters people will love. Always remember that.