Interview 132: canadianpurplesmurf

1. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself? I am a loner. I love listening to music, writing(obviously), and drawing. Pretty much anything artsy. I talk alot but am shy at the same time. I am kind of nerdy but not in the smarty pants kind of way.

2. What inspired you to write? I used to read stories other people wrote and one day i just decided to give it a try. i would think up a lot of ideas and write about it. i did that for years before i even thought about putting them online for the world to see.

3. Do you have a specific writing style? Just write as i go really. When i write it, i will re read it and make a few tweaks here and there. I am pretty spastic.

4. How did you come up with the titles? Very difficult! I didn't want it to sound stupid but i also didn't want to give too much away in the title. I wanted it to be kind of interesting but i am not an interesting person so it was tough.

5. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?  Which one? Ha! In Broken I want people to know that no matter the situation, there is always someone who loves you even if you don't think there is.  

6. How much of the book is realistic? Broken? Well there are people who go through abuse and similar situations all the time. So i guess most of it is pretty realistic. A couple of my other ones are about werewolves so those aren't that realistic!

7. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? For Broken, i was inspired by some of the situations in my life but it isn't really based off of my life. It is completely different to be honest.

8. What books have most influenced your life most? I am not really sire. I read so many and I don't think there is just one.

9. What book are you reading now? The Maze Runner

10. Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest? I really like Nicholas Sparks. As for on Wattpad, there are a few really talented people. It is to hard to narrow it down.

11. What are your current projects? 'Life's Wicked Sense of Humor', 'Abducted', 'The Hearts Choice', and i have just started writing a new one just for kicks.

12. Do you see writing as a career? Probably not. I think i am decent but not nearly close enough to think about a career. Plus no one i know actually KNOWS i write stories. It is like a person secret of mine.

13. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? Writers block! I will be in the grove and write up a storm and other times I am just stuck. I also struggle with trying to make it worth reading. I am not a professional and it shows. I try to improve as much as i can.

14. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work? Nicholas Sparks is a great writer. I love how every story is way different from the last.

15. Who designed the covers? For Broken, TotalMalfunction. The rest were just random pictures i found on google.

16. What was the  easiest part of writing your book? Nothing. Everything was hard because i am my own worse critic. I am a perfectionist and i never feel like it is good enough.

17. What was the hardest part of writing your book?  Everything. Ha!

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? I think i have learned a lot since i have first started writing. There is a HUGE difference in the original version of 'Broken' and the one up her now. It is written a lot better.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?  Thank you for reading and all the feedback. I really do appreciate it. 

20. Do you have any advice for other writers? Write what you want the way you want. If you are not happy with what you are writing then you shouldn't be writing it. Write what you would read.