Prologue

Prologue

"It has been an extremely long and agonizing four years. We've cried, we've laughed, and god knows we've prayed for this day to come," laughter rang among the crowd, as the valedictorian of Mystic Falls High, Annalise Candice Forbes, gave her graduation speech. "But now we start the next chapter of our book to success, the turning point of our story. Now we all know it isn't going to be easy, as our teachers reminded us every year, but with hard work we'll get through it. We have the ability to do what we want with our lives and it starts here and now."

Annalise smiled at her classmates," now it's time to kick our parents out of the car and take control of the wheel, to start down our road to success, and make them proud. Yes, there are going to be potholes and flat tires, but what's a road tip without them? We are going to reach our destination, though it may sometimes change. So now Class of 2007, we begin our journey, we are now in the front seat, the start of a new chapter,"

The valedictorian looked at her classmates with a beaming smile, which was returned, and couldn't contain her excitement for the last line of her speech, "Congratulation Class of 2007!"

Her and her classmates threw their graduation caps in the air, cheering for they were finally free of the prison that kept them for four years.

*Few hours later*

"Made it through hell, it was hard but we did it!!!" Alexandra, Annalise's best friend, said with excitement as they drove to the Mystic Grill, where the graduation celebration was being held.

"Yea, I can't believe it either," Annalise smiled, from the drivers seat.

"And that speech you did was amazing, short and sweet, just like it needed to be."

"Thank you. I still can't believe I came up with all of that so quickly. I didn't have time to write it since I was with you and Chris yesterday," Anna smiled at the thought of her high school sweetheart Chris Fell.

Lexi smirked at Anna, knowing what her and Chris were up to after she had left the two early, "Yeah, I bet you were busy indeed."

Annalise just laughed, as she pulled into a parking spot in front of the Mystic Grill. She got out of the car and looked at her reflection through the car window to make sure her outfit was okay.

Once she was happy with her appearance, she hooked her arm through Lexi's, and both girls walked into the Grill

Once she was happy with her appearance, she hooked her arm through Lexi's, and both girls walked into the Grill. As soon as they walked through the door they were hit with the smell of grease, alcohol, and cheap perfume and cologne. Anna mentally gagged at the smell.

Once they spotted their families, Anna and Lexi split up. Anna smiled at the expressions on her mom, dad, sister, and stepfather's faces. Her parents and stepdad looked at her with proud smiles on their faces, while Caroline had a big smile on her face, happy for her big sister.