Chapter 14

"Congratulation, Anna."

"Thank You," I smiled at Ayanna.

She looked at me amusingly, "I assume you're satisfied with this pairing?"

"I could not be happier," I took her hands in mine. "Thank you, Ayanna. For bringing me into this village and teaching me everything I know. I am truly grateful."

"Oh dear, it was no trouble at all," She gave me a gentle smile. "It has truly been an honor to teach you and have you here, Frigga."

I smiled at the name. Since I've received the necklace around my neck, a few days ago, I have received plenty of memories and most of my powers. And with Ayanna's guidance, I was able to gain more control of the magic inside of me, though not to my full potential, but I  still had a great amount of power.

The door to my room in the hut opened, Esther, Gudrid, Rebekah, and Zaina entered the small room.

"Whoa," Zaina looked at me with wide eyes, "You look beautiful, Mama. Like the girls you tell stories about."

"The princesses?" I smiled as she nodded her head, "Thank you, Baby. Come here."

I bent a little as she came close to me to give her a hug, "I love you, Mama."

"And I love you, my love." I whispered in her ear. I pulled back and kissed her on the cheek.

Rebekah was next to pull me into a hug, "You look beautiful, Angel. Elijah will not be able to keep his hands off of you."

"Rebekah," Esther hissed at Rebekah's choice of words, while I let out a small giggle. "You do look beautiful, my dear. I will be honored to call you my daughter by moon rise."

"Thank you, Mother." I smile at Esther, tears forming in my eyes. I have come to cherish these moments that I have been given with Esther because in the future I won't even have a mother in law.

"You look wonderful, Annalise," Gudrid gave me a smile before wincing. "This gown does seem to show too much skin."

I groaned and rolled my eyes, I was only showing my shoulders.... okay and a lot of my chest, "Thank you, but it wont matter since Elijah will see me without it on after night has fallen."

"Annalise!" The women in the hut shouted at me in amusement and in a scolding matter.

"What? It is true," I smirked at them.

Before any of them can respond, there was a knock on the door. I called out, "Come in."

Finn walked in with a bouquet of roses, six of them were white and the rest were red, and arranged beautifully . He walked in and greeted all of us while handing me the bouquet. He looked me in the eye and softly stated, "Its time, Annalise."

I was suddenly hit with nerves, and I honestly had no clue where they had came from. I've been courting Elijah for two winters, why am I nervous now about spending even more winters together?

I gave the group in front of me a nervous smile and nodded my head. The women began to leave and Zaina gave me a quick hug before she left, leaving me and Finn alone.

I had asked Finn to walk me down to the alter and he quickly agreed. Since I have been here Finn has been the overprotective big brother I have always wanted. Though, he barely spoke to his siblings, he spoke to me. He's who I went to for advice and guidance. It wasn't easy but I'm persistent.

"I'm nervous, Finn," I told him, pacing the room. "What if I won't be a good wife? What if he can't deal with Zaina? I mean, I know he has treated her well for this long, but what if that changes once we all live together? Oh my Odin," I look at Finn with wide eyes, "What if I am not good enough to bed?"