Chapter 15

Present Day-Mystic Falls

The brunette woman watched, as the others continue to question the shaking woman that resembled her birth mother. 

"I don't know! I don't know," she watched the other woman screamed, and once again tried to pull on the restraints tying her hands together.

She heard talking from behind her, outside of the cellar. She looked at the woman once more before disappearing out the cellar and into the hall, unseen by the other. There was two men, and once again, a woman that looked like her birth mother, once again. 

My Odin! How much of them are there? She thought with a sneer on her face, as she looked at the doppelgänger in disgust. 

"What's wrong with her?" The blonde man asked. 

"Tessa turned her into a block of rock, left her in a box for two thousand years, probably went a little stir crazy like those deserted island guys who talk to volleyballs." The dark haired man. 

The anchor once again began to scream, yelling at the others pestering her, "I said I don't know! Leave me alone."

The brunette woman sighed and muttered,"Mama, you owe me for this."

She appeared back into the cell and once again began to chase away the others with her magic. This promise to her mother was becoming a difficult one to keep. 

She crouched next to the crying woman, "Amara, they are gone now. It is okay."

Amara breathed out a sigh of release, a smile forming on her face. "Zaina."

***

"Relax. I'm-I'm just bringing dinner."

Zaina turned, and saw one of the five hunter placing a plate on the floor in front of Amara. She saw that Amara so she tuned out the conversation, bored. 

The amount of times that she has watched Amara talk to witches, vampires, werewolves, travelers, heretics, hybrids, elementals, doppelgängers, and hunters, hoping to find a way that she can escape her torture, was exhausting. 

Amara fails to see that she is Death, the Reaper, and all of those creatures that come through her are scared of her, they fear her, but most are too proud to admit it and try to trick her, so that they can escape the other side. That's why she needed Zaina.

Zaina has been with her for ten centuries. Zaina has never lied to her. Zaina was her only friend, the only one that has protect her, what Silas has failed to do. 

She assumed it was a few hours later when she heard the door to the cellar open once again. Qetsiyah, the original Bennet witch, and the youngest doppelgänger walked in. 

"That'll be all." The last doppelgänger walks out, closing the door behind her. "Well, if it isn't the face that launched a thousand doppelgängers. A little birdie told me you aren't enjoying your immortal life. Two thousand years, you have nothing to say to me? No apology?"

"I'm sorry."

"What was that?"

"I'm sorry."

"Oh."

"That is what you want to hear, isn't it? How I have suffered, how every moment of my life has been a living hell? It has! My sin was falling in love, and I've learned my lesson. You win. You won. Now, please, kill me. Please. Please kill me!" Amara begged.

"Don't beg, Amara," Zaina told her. "She has made your immortal life a living hell, because of a man that didn't even love her." 

Amara looked over at her, with tears in her eyes, a small smile forming on her face.