Chapter 10

I woke up to the sunlight beaming on my face and a small body clinging on to me. By the looks of it I woke up just as the sun began to rise. As I do all the time.

Yesterday night, I made the siblings a seafood platter. They really enjoyed it, but I believe they enjoyed the piece of chocolate, that I gave each of them after dinner, more. Especially Elijah.

When the night was over Elijah walked Zaina and I back to the hut. Once I had given Zaina to Gudrid, I turned to Elijah. He surprised me by asking me to take a walk with him in the morning with Zaina.

I, of course, said yes.

I'm so happy that he not only wants me, but he's also willing to try and have a relationship with Zaina, even though she's not truly mine.

Being thrown back to when Elijah was human has been amazing. Being with Zaina has been amazing. Having an amazing bond with the rest of the Mikaelson siblings have been amazing.

Being here for the past seven months have been amazing.

Honestly, if I stay here forever I wouldn't refuse or try to find my way home. I'm truly happy here.

But, I do miss Josh, Jenna and my mother. Sure I miss Caroline, but not as much as I thought I would have.

Caroline has changes a lot, and I don't see my little sister anymore, only a shell of what she used to be. Not because she's a vampire, she changed before that. It was small changes that soon excelled to becoming bigger like being top of her class, wearing more make up to signing up for every competition in Mystic Falls, becoming Captain of the cheerleading team, and sleeping with almost every guy in her high school class. And all of it was because of Elena.

Her need to beat Elena became an obsession and it was all she could think about. I assume her turning into a vampire caused her to be even more wrapped up in Elena's life.

And, of course, the doppelgänger loved all the attention she received.

Throughout my years in college I learned that the Caroline I knew was gone, and I had to accept it.

The sound of a bird, on the windows edge, chirping brought me out of my thoughts. I knew it was time for me to wake up Zaina and get both of us dressed to meet Elijah.

Once I woke her up we began our morning routine and I got the both of us dress, getting ready to meet Elijah outside.

As Zaina and I was about to walk out of the hut Elijah was just coming to the front door

"Hello," I greeted Elijah while Zaina hid behind my dress shyly.

"Good day," he smiled at me and then looked down to greet Zaina. "Hello, little one."

She just snuggled deeper into my dress. It was weird for her to be around the Mikaelsons so much, but yet still so shy.