Chapter 19

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes from the floor to ceiling windows in the room. I turned away from the light and nudged into the body that was next to me.

I guess Zaina has decided to spend the night beside me, I smiled in thought.

My daughter in every way but blood. I wanted to break down and cry, I've put her through so much. For a thousand years she's been searching for a way to bring me back, to my right place in time.

And I feel so awful.

Zaina should've moved on to find peace, with her children and husband. Wait, a husband? Who did my daughter marry.

I sat up in the bed, with my brows furrowed, I reached over and began to shake Zaina awake.

"Zaina, wake up," I softly whispered, but she only turned her back to me, so I shoved her hard enough that she ended up on the floor. "Wake up!"

She shot up from the floor in alert, but once she saw it was just me in the room, she placed a glare on her face, "Really, Mama?"

"Yes," I laughed and Criss-crossed my legs, my hands folded in my lap. "I want to know who you married."

She let out an annoyed sighed and sat beside me, "His name was Bidziil. He was part of the neighboring native tribe. He was a traveller as well. I met him when I was sixteen and him twenty-eight. He had dark hair that went pass his shoulders. Light green eyes that had hints of hazel in them and a darker shade of green around them. He was so sweet and gentle and loving, so loving. He gifted me with three children, the oldest, Annabelle, next was Elliot, and last was Henry. Having Henry took a lot out of me, it was the cause of my death."

She looked at me with watery eyes and a bright smile on her face, "I died happy, so happy that in exchange for my last breath, my son was able to take his first. I wouldn't have wanted to die any other way."

"Did you watch over them?"

"I did. They all grew up happy, kind, and so strong. They fell in love and had children of their own and aged until they were old with grey hair. And they found peace in Valhalla.That's all I wanted for them."  A few stray tears fell from her eyes, and I wiped them away. "Bidziil died in battle, and his spirit came to the other side, but over the thousand years I haven't been able to find him."

"But didn't you bring down the veil to the other side?"

She scoffed at me, "Mama, do you know how much people are on the other side? That's two thousand years of dead supernatural creatures. There is no way that we'll be able to find him."

I laughed softly, "I guess your right. But, what I am saying is that he should be somewhere on this earth. I could help you look for him or bring him back, after the veil goes up."

"You'll do that for me?" More tears from her eyes as she looked at me in disbelief.

"Of course, my love. You deserve happiness just like everybody else," I told her softly, pulling her into a hug. "Alright, Im going to go freshen up. You go in after and then come meet me in the kitchen."

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I walked out of the bathroom and walked to one of the many boxes that Jenna brought in last night and found an outfit to wear around the compound, slippers, and lip balm, which was much needed for my chapped lips. I changed out of my nightgown and into sweats and a shirt and threw my hair up in a messy bun.