Chapter 18

The smoke cleared up. 

The compound was silent, and all watched as a figure appeared laid out on the ground. 

Zaina choked back a sob as she watched the green dress, that she knew was her mother's favorite day gown, appeared. Then she saw two roses appear on a plump set of breasts, one red and the other white. Next, her eyes traveled along the golden strands of hair and soon her eyes met the face of her mother. 

Zaina took a step into the circle and bent down. She looked at her mother's face, she looked as if she was resting peacefully. Her hands shook as she reached out and gently brushed her fingers against her mothers face. 

Annalise POV

My eyes snapped open. I shot up from where I was laying and began to gasp for air. It felt as if I was suffocating, I tried to take in gulps of breath, but it did nothing. Tears began to fall from my eyes. 

Suddenly many figures surrounded me, touching me, all talking to me at once causing my fight for air to increase, and I began to feel light headed. 

"Annalise-"

"Anna-"

"Sissy, breathe."

"What do you think she's trying to do you bloody idiot?"

"I'm trying to get her to calm down-"

"Yes, and the two of you yelling is not helping." Jenna.

"Jenna," I gasped out, reaching my hand out trying to get to her. "Jenna!"

Soon I felt a hand touch my back, and her voice in my ear,"Close your eyes, Anna. Now take a deep breath. Hold it. Release. Again."

I did the exercise multiple times before I calmed down and opened my eyes. My sight blurred slightly, but soon focused. 

I looked around the space and saw the Mikaelson family, four doppelgängers, Ayanna, Jenna, Caroline, Joshua, a man with the face of Stefan Salvatore, an African American man, and four brunette females. 

I gripped onto Jenna's arm and forced myself to stand up. I felt a light weight come off of my legs, and saw two roses on the floor. I bent down to pick it up, but one of the brunette females quickly scooped it up, and handed it to me. 

"Tha-" I took one look at her and froze. She may have aged, but I know those cocoa eyes, and chubby cheeks anywhere. They were my daughter's, "Zaina?"

"Hi mama."

"Zaina," I breathed out. I quickly brought her into my arms squeezing her to me. She began to shake in my arms and gripped onto the front of my gown, her face buried in my neck. I pulled back to look at her, and saw tears stain her face. I quickly began to wipe them away, "Oh baby girl, don't cry. I've missed you so much."

"Mama," She threw herself back into my embrace. "I missed you so much. I prayed to you everyday. I never stopped looking for a way to bring you back."

"I know, baby. But, I hope you were still able to fall in love, get married, and have children as well. You know all I ever wanted was for you to have a life full of happiness, love, and fun."

I felt her nod against my shoulders. She pulled away from me and wiped her face free of tears. "I had a husband, and three children. Miss Ayanna took good care of me."

A smile lit up my face and I turned to look at Ayanna, "Thank you so much. You'll never know how grateful I am for you."

Ayanna returned my smile and walked closer to me and took my hands in hers. "Angel, I would've done it a thousand times over."