Chapter 3

I was getting ready for bed, when I got a text from a unknown number.

Unknown: Hi, it's Rebekah. I got your number from Elijah. I hope that's okay.

Annalise: Yeah, it's fine. I really wanted to introduce myself to you the other day, but you know...

Rebekah: Then we'll go shopping tomorrow, and get to know each other then.

Annalise: Sure. Meet at the Grill at 11.

Rebekah: See you then.

I laid my head down and was instantly pulled into a deep slumber.

Next Morning

I woke up to the sound of the doorbell ringing. I sighed and hoped that Caroline or mom was going to open the door. I pulled my blanket cover over my head, getting ready to fall back to sleep, when I heard my phone vibrating on my dresser.

I sat up and looked at my phone and saw 'Mr. Smith' was calling me.

I huffed in annoyance and declined his call.

I snuggled back under the covers ready to fall back into my safe space.

Only to be, once again, interrupted, but this time it was by the sound of the front door slamming shut.

I groaned, knowing I won't be falling back to sleep anytime soon.

I got out of my warm bed, did my morning routine, and made my way to the kitchen. When I entered I saw Caroline staring intently at a piece of paper on the isle in the kitchen, with a cup of coffee in her hand.

"What's that," I asked referring to the piece of paper, as I walked up to her and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"Yours is over there," she points to the opposite side of the aisle.

I looked at the paper and saw that it had my name on it.

It read:

Please Join The
                          Mikaelson Family
                  This Evening At Seven O'clock
                      For Dancing, Cocktails,
                               &Celebration.

"Ugh," Caroline grunted.

"What's wrong with you," I frowned.

She didn't respond and just passed me her invitation and gestured for me to read it.

It said:

Save me a dance,

Fondly, Klaus

I Turned my card around, and saw that my invitation had a small letter too.

I read:

Please Let Me Explain, Tonight. You've never been one to turn down a good party ,kjærlighet.

Sincerely, Mr. Mikaelson (Smith)

Against my will, a smile begin to form on my lips at the Norwegian word for love. He was the one who taught me different languages as well. He said one day it would come in handy for the both us to communicate in a language that isn't English, so unwanted ears couldn't listen.

"We're going," I told Caroline.

"No I'm not. You can go," she began to walk away.

"Where are you going?"