Chapter 12

The sun's light peeking through the small holes from ceiling of the cave, caused me to stir. The floor was rough and my dress scraping against my skin did not make matters any better. But, the arm wrapped around me allowed me to focus on the man beside me.

I'm getting married.

I honestly couldn't believe it, after knowing this man for six years, and dating him for two of them, I was finally marrying the man of my dreams. The man that I've loved for so long, will finally be mine.

Last night we spent just talking and kisses were being shared between us, from the excitement of being together for the rest of our lives. We weren't meant to fall asleep in this part of the cave, but I guess our excitement finally caught up to us.

But, waking up to Elijah's arms around me, made me realize how I long to stay in his arms. This man is just perfect, well in my eyes anyway.

I turned to face my body against him and whispered in his ear, "Elijah. Elijah, you have to wake up."

He groaned and buried his head in my neck. His breathing against my neck caused me to giggle, "Elijah, wake up."

He shifted.

I sighed, "Elijah. Wake. Up." Between each word I gave him a kiss.

"Good morning, Annalise," he smiled, but it was quickly wiped off when he saw the position we were in. He quickly got up and began ramble, "I am terribly sorry. I didn't mean for us to fall asleep, especially with you in my arms. Not to say I don't wish to have you in my arms, I just didn't mean for us to be in such an intimate position."

I chuckled, "Elijah it is alright. I didn't mind it at all."

He cleared his throat, "Well I'm glad."

He reached his hand out and helped me up. Once I was up straight I was immediately pulled into his arms as he peppered kisses all over my face. With his arms wrapped around my waist, and mine wrapped around his neck, our lips met in a slow and passionate kiss, taking my breath away.

"Hello," I said breathlessly once I pulled away.

He smiled down at me and whispered, "We should probably head back."

"I think you're right," I sighed thinking of the trouble that we might get into for not being in our respectable skins for the night, with our families, away from each other.

He hummed and looked at my chest, "That is a lovely piece when did you retrieve it?"

I looked at him confused and looked down. Around my neck laying against my chest was a rose quartz stone hanging from a gold chain. I had no idea where it came from, "I am not sure where it came from. I have never seen this before today."

"You should ask Ayanna if she could find out where it came from," Elijah spoke after a beat, looking at the necklace in wonder. 

I gave him a nod, promising him that I will ask her when I had the chance.

We walked out of the section of the cave we were in and went back to the other villagers. Once we got to the clearing of the cave we seen others packing up from the night before. Elijah and I received a few looks but we ignored them and went to our respective section.

"Mama," I heard Zaina squeal, once she saw me.

"Hello, baby girl," I smiled widely as I scooped her into my arms.

Zaina was getting older and soon I won't be able to pick her up anymore. I don't want her to grow up.

She is now six years old. Her speech is better than ever and she socializes more with the other kids. She now understands somewhat of the reason why she lives with me instead of Tatia. She has little chores around our living space in the hut, for example making sure that her dirty clothes are put away, that her toys, from Niklaus, are in the trunk, and that the flowers around the hut has water. Nothing truly major, but somethings to give her responsibilities.