Chapter 13

Present Day-New Orleans

Josh ends the phone call and reflects on what Marcel just told him. Something was wrong with Davina and her powers were acting out of control, more than usual. That explained the earthquakes that were about ten minutes apart and the powerful winds.

Marcel called him, not to only inform him of what was going on, but wanted Josh to keep Davina's company at the compound. Josh didn't know what was going to happen to her, but he would be there for her, she was his friend.

It helped that it was a cloudy day, so he wouldn't exactly burn in the sun if there was no sunlight.

He threw on some clothes and rushed out his apartment and straight to the compound. Once he reached the block where the home was located, he saw a lady with strawberry blonde hair walking to the front door with two large boxes in her arms.

"Umm, may I help you?" Josh questioned walking up to her.

He could sense that she was a vampire, but he's met all of the local vampires. He assumed she must've known either Klaus, Rebekah, or the other brother, so she can either be a good vampire or a very bad one, depending on who she was closest too.

"Hi," her head peeked from behind the boxes. Josh studied her face, she looks oddly familiar, but he couldn't recall where from. "And yes, you can. Is this where the Mikaelson's live?"

"Who's asking?" The lady looked at him, he looks vaguely familiar.

"A family friend," she smiles tightly at him.

"Oh, so you must be like very old."

"Old? I'm only thirty-three," She look at him wide eyed and then rolled her eyes with a sigh, "look, do the Mikaelson family live here or not?"

Josh coughed, embarrassed, and looked away opening the door to the compound, "Uh yeah, come on."

"Um..." Jenna continued to stare at him, an eyebrow raised as she looked from him to the boxes, "A little help here, please?"

"Oh, right, I'm sorry." Josh grabbed the top box, which happened to be largest, it was then he noticed that the lady had been carrying a laptop bag on her shoulder.

Entering the compound, they walked in facing Mikaelson siblings back, while they were in the middle of a conversation.

"Elijah, Klaus," the lady called trying to get their attention.

They both stopped talking and spun around. Shocked looks covered their faces as they took in the woman in their presence. And in that moment Rebekah walked out of Davina's room, down the steps, and into the room.

"Jenna," Rebekah gasped, happy about seeing the woman, and that happened to snap her brothers out of shock.

"Hello, love."

"Ms. Sommers, is there any news?"

"Professor Smith?" Josh whispered surprised. Though he shouldn't be surprised that Mr. Smith, Annalise's professor, would be involved in the supernatural world, it was still a shocking discovery.

"Do I know you?" Elijah was confused, he's seen many faces at the University that he worked for, but he couldn't remember this one? The only one he truly remembered, to be completely honest, was the girl with golden hair and hazel-green eyes.

"Elijah," Marcel sounded confused, but introduced his uncle to one of his new guys. "This is Josh. Josh this is Elijah Mikaelson."

"No," Josh was wide eyed, and dropped the box he was holding, but before it could actually hit the floor, Rebekah caught and placed it on the table, andJenna did the same with the boxes in her hand. "No way. It's not possible."