t w o: ✔

A\N: The cover above is made by nocitylikecuriosity

A\N: The cover above is made by nocitylikecuriosity. This is how Michael's Wattpad profile looks like ;) What do you think?

So hope you enjoy this chapter!

_______

Two:

I was motionless. For two whole minutes I remained still, my phone gripped tight into my hands. My eyes were the only ones that moved, re-reading Michael's message over and over again.

What should I tell Michael?

Was I supposed to tell him that he was actually talking to Bree, the girl he'd been making fun of and called a nerd for three years? Was I supposed to act cool? Should I read his story? Should I tell him that I was going to read his story?

These were all questions that had been wrestling inside me ever since he had sent me that private message on Wattpad.

I took a deep breath and tried to relax the storm of thoughts from bursting farther into my head.

Hello.

I might as well start with a basic greeting first. You know, so it didn't look suspicious.

Sure, I will read your stories, I typed. Wait. No. This sounded too kind. And I sure as hell wasn't going to be kind to someone who had treated me like a punching bag of stupid jokes. Well, not anymore at least. I deleted the message and typed something else.

I will read it if I have time.

Ugh. No. I sounded like a busy secretary.

Shoot.

Before I even got the chance of re-typing the message, underneath Michael's name appeared the words typing...

Sure enough, after about five seconds I received a new private message from him.

@MichaelL99: so... are you going to read it or not?

Damn you undecided brain, my inner voice scolded.

Maybe, I eventually typed. Not a yes, and not a no.

Confession: I was dying to read his book. I longed to know what was possibly going through his head. Maybe there were a few secrets in there that showed how he had become such a douche over time. But if his book was a real, touching story... well, everything I knew was pretty much a lie.

It would be too weird.

Buzz. Buzz.

Another message from Michael.