s e v e n: ✔

Seven:

Seven:

Mr. Brunner congratulated me. I swung by his office after I finished all my classes to tell him about the blog, but he was already a step ahead of me.

He'd already talked to Mrs. Bowl and they decided that, after a close check up of the stats, my blog had successfully attracted a lot of attention from the students.

He didn't say anything about me mentioning Michael, though, which was a relief.

Mr. Brunner gave me a wide smile and shook my hand, apologizing for doubting me at first. Apparently it didn't matter what my blog was about, as long as it was popular. It sounded a little bit shallow to me, but I guess it was normal since the blogs were all a part of the Eagle High website, and they needed the popularity in order to maintain a good reputation among the other schools.

As I thought about it, everything was a matter of reputation and popularity.

Just like in Michael's case, my inner voice offered.

But what will Michael have now, that I'd probably ruined both for him? And just because of my blog.

If that's not sellfish, than I don't know what is. (As you probably guessed, I was still struggling with the guilt.)

I thanked Mr. Brunner and exited his office with a smile on my face, but with a tormented mind. I got to keep my post as a blogger, alright. But was the cost worth it?

Stop feeling guilty, Bree. People who feel the guilt won't be successful.

That was my dad's favorite quote. He always told me that people who care so much won't get too far because they will be others' steps to climb.

My dad was a successful business-man, so I guess he knew his words. Still, he often took his business too seriously.

With that thing in mind, I got out of the school and climbed into my car. I pulled out of the parking spot and turned on the radio just in time for 21 Guns by Green Day to burst through the speakers.

I sang along to the lyrics I knew by heart and didn't care about the funny looks the other drivers were giving me while we waited for the green light. I loved listening to music. (Who didn't?) It's always been the greatest escape for me. Music made me live in my own world, far away from any stress and worries. Just me in my world.

I arrived home faster than I hoped. I parked the car on the sidewalk and turned off the radio. I got out of the car and faced the cold air that made my face sting, and hurried my steps across the front porch.

I unlocked the door and entered inside, saying hello to mom and dad on my way to my room. I wasn't really in the mood for chat. I just wanted to listen to music and maybe read something.

I reached my room and dumped my school bag on the floor with a thud. Without any hesitation, I climbed on my bed and opened Wattpad from my phone.