f i v e: ✔

Five:

Five:

I watched in horror as I received my new Facebook message. The chat bar popped on the screen, and my whole body began to sweat out of all those mixed emotions tumbling inside me.

Carly Duncan: Bree what's this picture? Why did you send it to me?

Yeah, Bree, my inner voice murmured, Why did you send it to her?

The good thing was that she apparently didn't recognize that the picture was a Wattpad profile. And looks like she didn't recognize that it was Michael's either - hopefully.

But I still had a ton of explanations to provide, and my inspiration was pretty limited at this very moment.

What could I say anyway?

My fingers flew over the keyboard in sonic speed, typing and typing and deleting and typing again.

I eventually managed to master the most plausible explanation and pressed the send button.

My stomach was tied in knots as I re-read the message I sent to Carly.

Sorry Carly. I sent it to you by accident. It's just a picture a friend showed me and yeah.. you can delete it cause it's nothing.

Way to go, Bree, my inner voice chided again. Nothing suspicious here.

Her reply came faster this time.

Carly Duncan: ok... but who is that @MichaelL99?

Damn. Why was she so curious?

Okay, Bree, think. You made this mistake now fix it.

Wait a second.

Maybe I could use this screenshot thing to go my way.

The strangest idea flashed into my mind. My heart thumped with adrenaline as the pulse in my veins increased.

Hmmm... Could it work?

Me: okay fine. It's actually a screenshot a friend sent to me. She also got it from a friend of hers.. she thinks it's Michael Langwood's profile on Wattpad but she doesn't know for sure. But I heard that whoever took the screenshot will post it on the school's blogs tonight.

I was so glad I was telling her these things via Facebook texts. If we were face to face, my non-existent poker face would've given me away by now.

Carly Duncan: omg are you serious?? :o

Me: yep. Guess we'll know more when the post is up.

She saw my message but didn't reply further.

My heart was still in my throat but my body began its slowly relaxation process.

I really hoped I'd made the right decision, turning the attention toward the blog.