n i n e t e e n: ✔

Nineteen:

Nineteen:

My eyes widened. I remained still as I felt Michael's lips on mine.

A shiver travelled my spine.

I didn't know what do to. I felt paralyzed. Paralyzed in the moment, the seconds flying past me in a complete rush.

I could feel the butterflies being released into my stomach, like a flock of birds flying to their freedom, followed by a nice shade of bright red into my cheeks.

Only now could I realize how much of a passing thing time was. The seconds and minutes time was giving me, they were being stolen almost immediately.

Time was basically gifting me with this moment, these feelings I was experiencing for the first time, and it was stealing them just as fast. This represented a give and take process I would never get back. And it was probably the only one I truly didn't want to disappear.

I eventually closed my eyes and let the emotions engulf me.

But everything happened so fast and I couldn't even decipher my own thoughts and feelings right now.

I believe the most accurate description of myself in this very moment would be mess, mess, mess.

I stayed there in my unwillingly haze as Michael slowly unglued his lips from mine. I caught a different feeling inside me, one that seemed so right, and yet so strange at the same time.

And yet it was the paradox of the situation that made my mind spin even more.

Michael dragged his gaze back to my eyes. His breath was heavy. "Uh, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to - "

"No, it's fine," I spoke, my voice hoarse and sluggish. I cleared my throat and averted his gaze. "I just... I've never done this before."

"What?"

"I've never been kissed before," I admitted.

He frowned. "Seriously? So... that basically means - "

"You stole my first kiss, you son of a biscuit," I nudged his arm and put on an angry expression which clearly didn't match my inner state.

"Ow," he gently brushed his arm, "You should be thanking me, Princess."

"Okay, b- but why?"

"Well, for instance I just saved you from another seventeen years of loneliness."

"No, I meant, w-why did you kiss me?"

Michael chewed on his lip, his brown eyes fixing me with an emotion I couldn't exactly put my finger on. We echanged stares whilst I was waiting for his answer, but it didn't seem to be coming.

He eventually opened his mouth to speak, "To be honest, I don't know, Bree... I mean, why do people kiss?"

I knit my eyebrows. "They like each other?"