t w e n t y t w o: ✔

A\N: I'm sorry again for not updating this Wednesday, but I'm gonna make it up to you with this longer chapter! *squeals*

Also if you guys enjoy a good brain challenge, check out _sinfulvibes_ 's book. You may just know the answer for the first riddle :)

That being said, enjoy this update!

P.S. Please press play on the song above while reading this chapter. Thank you! ♡

_____

Twenty two:

Twenty two:

I took another sip of my strawberry smoothie I'd ordered a few minutes before. I bent the blue straw and let the sweet content dance on my taste buds.

Matt arched his eyebrow at me and placed his elbows onto the table. "So that's how it's going to go?"

I frowned, swallowing down the smoothie. "What do you mean?"

"So you're just gonna stay here and wait for him?" He pointed towards Michael who stood alone at a table on the other side of the restaurant. His head was lowered to his cup of coffee, but I could notice him occasionally stealing glances in our direction. "You're just gonna wait for him to come to you and - and apologise, or... ask you to dance, or something equally stupid and unpredictable?"

"Obviously you find little things like dancing unpredictable, which isn't quite true," I pointed out, which made him scowl ever so slightly, "But to answer your question, no, I'm not." I let out a small sigh and continued my practiced speech. "To be honest, I - I still feel like crap. Okay? I tried to talk to him, but he wouldn't listen. He's mad at me, and I just... I don't know what to do."

He shook his head as the look in his eyes softened. "Look, I don't know what happened between you guys, but it's just gotta stop. You both like each other, and you know it. So please end this unnecessary drama, will you?"

I blinked, taking another sip of my pinkish drink. "Okay. You're perfectly right. Life is already a messy thing, we don't need to add more poop to make it even more complicated."

Matt's lips stretched into a smile. He sighed. "Thank God, Bree. I'm glad at least you get it. I tried reasoning with him, but I'm pretty sure all he saw was my lips moving. I don't think he's going to listen to anyone but you. So go talk to him."

"Will do. Thanks for the help, Matt. Will Michael murder you for leaving him to talk to me here?"

He waved the question off. "Nah. If he didn't do it yet, he never will. He loves me too much."

I chuckled and stood up from my wooden chair. "Aww, look at you two. Maybe you're the one who should end up with him, eh?"

He threw his head back and laughed. "Well, at least we'd know who would be the girl in this relationship," he casually pointed toward Michael with his thumb. "Just joking. Now go."