t h i r t e e n: ✅

So like I previously mentioned in the small A/N at the end of the last chapter, I added a surprise in here, at the very beginning. Comment when you spot it ;)

 Comment when you spot it ;)

_____

Thirteen:

Matt was a complete idiot

He was my best friend, yes, but otherwise a complete idiot.

How could I say that about him?

Well, I got my confirmations regarding his state when I'd spotted him talking to none other than Bree Hayland in the hallway.

Now with this part I could've lived, really, but it was his words that made me acknowledge his idiocy.

"Be grateful you're not his tag along friend. Well, at least not until he asks you to be his girlfriend."

I was about to head over to Matt to tell him an amazing story about how I'd just managed to get away from a detention, but his words made me stop dead in my tracks.

My feet came to a halt. I peered from behind the small wall before them, over in Bree and Matt's direction.

The word girlfriend buzzed in my ears.

Girlfriend?

What was Matt talking about?

And most importantly, why the heck was he telling Bree that?

I couldn't believe this. He was out of his mind. He'd sworn not to tell her anything... At least not before things became clear for me.

I had no idea where my feelings where at this point. Everything was so confusing to me, so weird and strange... Like I wasn't even myself anymore.

Well, on the inside at least.

That night at Carly's party changed everything.

I'd promised myself I wouldn't get that drunk ever again. Especially because I'd woken up with a broken nose and a massive headache.