f o u r: ✔

Ok so I actually wanted to post this chapter this Wednesday, but since so many of you already asked for an update I just couldn't disappoint you. Hope you guys are still here with me :3

Enjoy!

P.S. Dedicated to tragicaly. Her book Nocturne Skies is simply amazing!

______

Four:

Of course, I couldn't get past the troublesome boy without being noticed.

Unfortunately for me, the way to my class was right past the locker area, and it just happened that Michael was there. As soon his gaze landed on me, he straightened in his spot by the locker. A smirk grew upon his face.

Now there were times when I would've given anything (no exaggeration here) to be noticed by Michael. But thinking back, I was just a naïve, awfully in love girl. I should've realized he'd never had good intentions for anything he ever did.

And here came the part when he usually began his jokes.

"Oh, hello there, ner -"

He stopped midsenteced. Something flashed in his eyes, his smile dying. He swallowed down his words.

He was going to call me nerd.

And he stopped.

I frowned.

Michael reluctantly closed his mouth and took a quick glance at his phone, worry passing through the surface of his expression.

"Um... I mean, hello there, Bree."

Oh my god.

He called me Bree. Not nerd, or geek, or even loser. I don't think he'd ever called me by my name before.

I didn't even think he knew my name. Looks like he'd paid attention in class when the teachers called my name.

"Uh, are you okay?" I asked, mimicking his worried expression.

He pursed his lips, his gaze falling to his feet. "Yeah. Sure. So, what's up? Skipping class?"

He passed me a smirk - his signature smirk - but I could notice that he looked troubled. He was good at hiding it, though.

Wow.

It's working, isn't it?

He was really taking my words seriously. The conversation we'd had on Wattpad yesterday was paying of. He was treating people nice (well, he was nicer to me, at least) so his secret wouldn't be exposed. I never would've imagined having Michael wrapped around my little finger with something like this.

Guess things really do get better with time.

Who would've thought?

I rolled my eyes at him. "No. ActualIy, I was called in the principal's office."