Every Night Has Its Dawn

The place is covered in flowers, cards and balloons.
"Um, Double D?" Kevin clears his throat, as it feels dry and scratchy, and tries to talk louder.
"Um, where is all this stuff from?" Double D stops talking and looks at Kevin. He smiles and Kevin notices his gap. It melts his heart to see it again.
"Um, well, most is from...Me. But some is from Ed and Eddy and Nazz and some of your other friends at school. Double D blushes and looks down. He wants to say more but then the doctor comes in and his smile faded away.
"Dr.Vincent. I thought I told you to stay away from us?" The venom in Double D's voice shocks Kevin. He wants to be standing by his side instead of helpless in this damn hospital bed.
"Eddward, stand down. I am still your father and I will not have you disrespect me in MY place of business. Now move aside so I can check on Mr.Barr's condition." Instead of moving out of the way, Double D stands directly in front of Kevin's room door.
"I said no! You are not to be anywhere near him. Not after what you said and did when I asked for your help. You and mother are dead to me. Go away!"
Seeing Double D stand his ground makes Kevin so proud. He looks from Double D to the doctor as they continue to stare at each other. Finally the doctor walks. Once the doctor is out of earshot Double D turns to the nurse. "Please find me another doctor who is well practiced to take care of my boyfriend."
Boyfriend? The word repeats in Kevin's mind as he silently watches Double D and the nurse go over some more details that Kevin doesn't understand. 'Boyfriend? He called me his boyfriend. But the last thing I remember is him telling me to leave him alone cuz I did something. What did I do? Oh, that's right. I was being a dick and called him a... a faggot.' Kevin looks at Double D and feels the tears form in his eyes. 'I called him a faggot and after that he slammed his door in my face. I...I can't remember anything after that. I just remember waking up. How the fuck did I end up here? And why does he forgive me?' The tears fall from Kevin's eyes and he just lets them. He feels like such an asshole and is so deep in thought that he doesn't realize that Double D is talking to him until he touches his cheek.
"Kevin?" Double D looks worried as he wipes the tears off Kevin's face.
"I'm so sorry Double D. I hate myself for what I did to you. You have to know that I never meant to hurt you, right?? I was so stupid for calling you a faggot when I wanted to tell how I really feel about you. I love you Double D. You mean everything to me. And once I'm out of the fucking hospital I will do whatever it takes to prove it to you. I promise you that I will never stop proving my love to you. Please forgive me? I know I was an asshole but I can change. I will change for you." Kevin takes a breath and gets ready to keep confessing his real feelings for Double D when he stops him.