The Big Day (a flashback)

“Baby, we should have a cookout. It's nice out and we haven't seen our friends in awhile.” Kevin is looking out the window as Double D gets ready to make lunch. Double D looks at Kevin, surprised. They had just had lunch with Nazz, Eddy and the kids two days ago. He was glad that Kevin and Eddy were getting along better but this is out of character for Kevin. Double D doesn't dwell on that for long though. He agrees because he is missing Hayley and little Kevin. Double D loves the twins and is happy to see them as often as possible. He is also happy for Nazz and Eddy. When Eddy told Double D that he was going to ask Nazz out Double D was beyond happy. He knew that Nazz liked Eddy and know he could tell her that Eddy liked her back.
“That sounds like a swell idea Kevin. I am sure that Hayley and little Kevin would love to see you again.” Double D watches as Kevin's face lights up at the thought of his godchildren. However, Double D can tell that Kevin's mind is elsewhere.
Kevin turns and faces Double D as he walks towards him. He pulls him into his arms and kisses his forehead and his cheeks. “Hayley adores you baby. Me on the other hand she isn't too fond of.” Kevin passionately kisses Double D's small, soft lips. He wants to do it now but he needs everybody who Double D loves to witness it. Double D breaks the kiss and sighs contently, wrapping his thin arms around Kevin's neck. Kevin is glad to see that Double D isn't as skinny as he used to be before he went in the hospital. He likes that he can know bench 110 instead of the sad 15 he used to be doing. Kevin has been so happy being with Double D ever since he has gotten out of the hospital. He can hardly remember what his life was like before he started dating Double D. He can't think of anything that would make their lives together better except having two little kids of their own. Kevin loves his godchildren to death but they are not his. Kevin let's Double D go. He has to get a few more things together before he goes through with his plan.

Two hours later and Double D is making a fresh pitcher of lemonade as Kevin is cooking up some hamburgers for the twins. Double D watches Kevin interact with the twins for a little while out the window. He goes to get the sugar but it isn't in it's usual spot.
  “Kevin, baby, have you seen where the sugar went?? It is not in it's spot.” Double D asks Kevin as he looks around the kitchen. Kevin sneaks up before Double D. He hugs him from behind and kisses his neck softly and gently bites him leaving a small mark. Double D holds in his moan as he feels Kevin's package against him.
  “Are you nervous or something baby?? The sugar's right next to the microwave.” Kevin pushes against Double D just enough for him to let out a low moan just loud enough for Kevin to hear. He gets goosebumps from the sound of Double D's moan. He has to keep himself from reaching for his boyfriend's package. He makes a mental note to himself to give Double D some TLC after their guests leave.

Double D turns around and giggles a little at the look of lust in Kevin's eyes. His gap shows and Kevin feels himself fall even more in live with the dork. Double D blushes and looks down and can see just how much “love” Kevin has for him at the moment. The sight causes him to blush even more. Kevin reaches out and grabs Double D's hand and basically drags him out the back door. He can't wait any longer. Kevin feels of he doesn't do it now he will lose his nerve. He clears his throat and helps Double D sit in the chair that is surrounded by everybody.
  “Excuse me everybody can I have your attention please??” Kevin waits impatiently for everybody to stop talking and is paying attention to him and Double D before he continues. He puts one hand in his pocket and rubs the back of his neck with the other as his nerves try to get the best of him.
  “Um, as everyone here knows Double D and I are madly in love. He means everything to me and I dont know how I could live my life without him in it. I would do anything for him.” Kevin stops briefly and let's what he said sink into everyone's mind. As he wants he looks over at Double D and sees tears forming in his eyes. Kevin hate to see him cry but he is fully aware that they are tears of joy because Double D has the cutest smile on his face which shows his adorable gap. Kevin gasps as love and lust hits him simultaneously. He shake the shock off then walks in front of Double D, kneeling down.
  “Baby, I've loved you since the first day I laid eyes on you. I couldn't believe that a little dork could be so damn cute. All the years I bullied you were to hide how I really felt about you and because I was afraid of what everybody would say. Those days are over now though. From now til forever I only want to shower you in love. I'll never let anything anybody says control me. I'll never let fear get in the way of loving you the way you deserve to be loved. ” Kevin stops momentarily and pulls his hand our his pocket. He pulls out a little sky blue box and stares into Double D's eyes affectionately before he continues. Their friends gasps when they see the box.  “Eddward Marion Vincent, I  swear on my mother and brother's grave to love and protect you against all of the evil in the world... Will you do me the greatest honor of all honors and agree to marry me?” Kevin open the box and reveals a gold banded ring with an emerald green diamond. On the inside are Kevin and Double D's initials and their anniversary date.

The tears begin to Falk from Double D's eyes as he kneels down with Kevin. He wipes away the tears and smiles as he looks into Kevin's jade green eyes. He looks down at the beautiful ring then back at his boyfriend. Double D can hardly talk but he must tell kevin how he feels.
  “Kevin, I have loved you since the first day I seen you. Throughout our childhood I have tried many times to become you're friend. I must admit that I believed you truly hated me. I was close to giving up on the day of my surprise birthday party that you and Nazz threw for me when we had that heartbreaking fight. I am glad I did not however. Kevin Anthony Burns, it will be my greatest pleasure to marry you.”
“You'll marry me?!?! He said YES!!” Kevin scoops Double D up in his arms and spins around kissing his fiancé. He sets Double D down and places the ring on his finger. Kevin couldn't be happier than he is right in this moment. Everybody is clapping and congratulating the two on their engagement. Kevin however, only sees and hears his future husband.