The Friend Of My Friend

Kevin looks from Eddy to Nazz and back again. Eddy puts his arm around Nazz's shoulder and is holding a little baby boy who has Nazz's eyes but looks just like Eddy. Kevin can't believe that Nazz had kids with Eddy. Of all people. Nazz looks at Kevin and smiles.
“Kevin, I know you and Eddy had problems in the past but I was hoping y'all would get past it. I mean, Eddy came to accept you and Double D are a couple so please accept that me and him are and that we have kids. After all, you and Double D are the godparents.” Nazz squeezes Kevin's hand and looks at Eddy, nodding at him to say something. Eddy looks at his son then at Kevin. He sighs and looks at Nazz before talking.
“If it wasn't for Nazz and Double D I would've probably never agreed to this bull....crap but I care about them both more than you think I do. Kevin, we've, after some debate from me, all agreed that if anything was to happen to me and Nazz that the twins would be in good hands if you and Double D took care of them. You already met my little princess Hayley. This is my little man, and I fought over this name with them but I lost.... But this is my little man Kevin.” Eddt reluctantly hands the little boy to Kevin and smirks. Kevin looks at them and then at the little boy. He can't believe what he just heard and is somewhat in shock.
“Y'all named him after me??” Just then Double D walks over holding little Hayley.
“Eddy! How are you my friend? Hope all is well. I did not know that you were able to get leave. What a nice surprise.” Double D's face lights up at seeing his friend. They have not seen each other for months due to the fact that Eddy has joined the army. Eddy let's go of Nazz and pulls his friend into a hug.
”Hey Double D. What's up man?? Have you seen Ed?” Eddy let's Double D go and reaches for his daughter who Double D reluctantly gives up.
“I have not but he has informed me that he should be here today. He wants us all to meet his new wife.” For the next fee moments the five of them catch up while Kevin and Double D feed their godchildren.
After a few minutes of catching up the doorbell rings. Kevin offers to open the door but Double D tells him to stay there as he goes to open the door, thinking it is one of his best friends Ed. When Double D opens the door it is not Ed but instead it is Kevin's father.
“What are you...” Double D starts to say before Mr.Barr punches him in the fave causing him to fall.
“I'm not here for you you goddamn fucking faggot.” Kevin hears his father's voice and hands Hayley to Nazz and tells them to go out the back door. Once they are out of sight Kevin rushes to Double D's side.
“What the fuck do you want? Leave us alone you bastard!” Kevin glares at his father as he helps Double D up. Double D's right eye is starting to swell up and already is turning black and blue. Before he has a chance to response to Kevin Double D tackles and starts to pound on Mr.Barr's face. Kevin is in shock at first but quickly snaps out of it and tried to pull Double D off his father.
“No, let me go Kevin! He's the reason you were in that damn hospital. He's the reason you were in a coma. He's the reason I thought I was going to lose you forever!” Double D is shaking and has tears in his eyes as he keeps trying to break free from Kevin's grip. Kevin hugs Double D tighter til he stops fighting. He looks at his father and sees blood covering his eyes and nose.
“Shh, it's OK baby. I'm here. Go get washed up while I call the cops. It's OK. I'm here now baby and I'm not going anywhere ” Kevin whispers in Double D's ear before he let's him go.
Kevin's dad coughs and looks at his son through the blood. He wipes the blood from his eyed before he speaks.
“You're no son of mine. I don't raise no gay, punk ass, girly boys. You're a disappointment to your mother and brother and a disgrace to this family!” Kevin's father tries to spit on him but misses.
“You will keep my mother and brother out if this. They have nothing to do with the asshole you've become. My mother and brother would never have me deny who I really am. And for the record, I don't care about being a “disgrace” to you. I'll rather be a disgrace than to go one more day denying that I love and care about Double D. And I do. I love and care about him and nothing you or anybody else can do or say that will EVER make me say that I don't.” Kevin walks away from his father and calls the police. He officially wants nothing more to do with that excuse of a father.