Chapter 3- L

Louis wasn't mental, well he wasn't until he ended up in a mental asylum. He was losing his mind, isn't this place supposed to fucking help? In between the constant pills he's forced to down, and pissing with handcuffs on, he's finding himself losing his mind even more. He feels filthy and he literally feels like a fucking psychopath. The common room is just a dirty cement floor and dark brick walls, tattered couches spread around the place and the stench of piss and dust burns his nose. He's sitting in the farthest corner, curled into a tight ball, staring at the dark walls. He hasn't had a decent meal in days, but like he'd eat any food in this place. It was either cement hard bread or flavourless soup. Both his arms are wrapped tight in white bandages, he hasn't dared to open to bandages in fear that he'd be put away in isolation like he had been days ago. He refuses to socialise with the sick people in here. He's mad, and so fucking hurt. Out of all the people in the world, his mother had turned him into this psychotic place. She believed he was insane. He would understand if he was put in just an ordinary hospital, but he's in a fucking hospital for the criminally insane, and much worse. There's an older woman standing no less than 10 meters from him. Her light blue gown is covered in dirt, even smeared in what seem's like old blood or possible shit. Her grey hair is ratty and dirty, and she smiles wickedly at Louis, revealing yellow dentures. Louis swallows, trying not to vomit and looks back down at the floor.

God, he just wants to leave this stupid hell hole. He doesn't even realise that he's digging his blunt nails hard into the palm of his hand until he winces slightly. He feels so weak, and it's probably because the shitload of pills they've prescribed him. There's younger people here too, so Louis doesn't have to feel so alone. There's a girl sitting with her legs crossed close by, her eyes closed and dark brown hair hanging over her face like a curtain. She's swaying slowly, as if there is music, but there isn't any. It's just the sound of maniac laughing, and shouting and whispering, and screeches. It's a sound that honestly makes Louis want to scream and beg to go home. Louis literally almost jumps out of his skin when he feels a gentle hand place on his shoulder. He doesn't look up for the first few seconds thinking there's going to be a vile woman standing next to him, but breathes a sigh of relief when his eyes fall on a white coat and a familiar set of dark brown eyes. 

"Are you ready to go to group therapy?" 

"Well, I'm not too sure. It's my first,"

"It isn't that bad, you just tell everyone your name and why..you're um..here," 

Louis tries to ignore his dark brown eyes flickering to the the bandages wrapped around his wrists. Liam was Louis' permanent guard, and would follow him around and give him his medication until Louis leaves, or until Liam resigns or gets fired, but Louis will probably get out before then. maybe. Liam's the nicest person in this joint, Louis came to that conclusion when he first met him back when he was tied down on that stupid cement like slab. Liam had stayed back after work and made sure Louis was okay, and talked until he had gotten in trouble. Apparently Liam worked in here because a sibling of his had been admitted in here a couple years ago, and he wanted to keep close to them.  Liam was actually a nice looking young lad. He had brown hair that was long enough to slick back, and had a pair of bright brown eyes that crinkled in the corners when he laughed. He was fairly tall and extremely fit, with wide shoulders and biceps that bulged through his white coat. His skin was relatively scanned and he had perfectly straight white teeth. Louis felt so small beside him, not only height wise but because he had no muscles. Louis stands up slowly and follows Liam closely by, keeping his eyes trained carefully on Liam's back, trying not to make eye contact with any of the mental cases in here.