Chapter 7- L.P

Outside life was so different to the life Liam had become accustomed to in the asylum. Liam had basically given up his night every weekday and even his weekends. At the asylum you were basically made to feel like you were in prison, and he'd been working there for so long now he basically called it home which was sick. In a twisted day, Liam preferred the dark empty halls and the damp prison like cells rather than his comfortable bed and couch at home. Liam wasn't as accepted in his family as he had been all those years ago. Ever since he was little he had a giant heart, and cared about others more than himself. He'd always knew Harry wasn't like the other kids, because Harry was always just a bit more..reserved. Growing up, Liam was the only person ever to know Harry for he really was, and he was the only person who listened and tried to understand, besides Jade. 

So when Harry had been found guilty and swerved the death penalty, despite the Styles family wishes, Liam made it his job to follow Harry and become a carer because the thought of his younger brother locked away in a mental asylum to rot away nauseated him. Liam made hell a bit more liveable and basically over the last 6 months, Liam had thrown himself so much into this job Head Mistress Landles considered it unhealthy. Working at the asylum was his only escape from the life he lived outside. 

In the Asylum, as much of a hell-hole it was, it offered rules, order and some stability.

Outside, life was cruel and unruly, especially to Liam who had been the kindest person all his life. 

Liam had been in a long-term relationship with part time Model and professional dance Danielle, and had actually been engaged. Danielle and Liam were halfway through discussing wedding plans when Danielle got cold feet, which Liam thought was just nerves but Danielle had other plans. She claimed the relationship they had was a giant mistake and they both needed time apart. Liam had always been stable, and kind, and happy but this, this was the tipping point because the person he loved most in the world, just left him like he meant nothing. The person he dated from year 8 to year 12 and through the 2 years of university left him. 7 years for nothing. Liam had managed to channel his heartbreak and sadness into caring for Harry and tried to tell Harry to never love anyone, to which Harry had replied with

"never will I ever love anyone again," 

Ever since he had supposedly murdered Jade, the mention of love made Harry want to throw up, he had told Liam that love was like picking apples, occasionally you'll pick a good one, that's ripe and juicy, but all good things must rot and die eventually. Liam found that quite poetic and remarkably inspiring, because Harry wasn't a man of many words. Liam understood everything about Harry, only because he'd spent almost his entire life working with him and helping but there was one thing he could never understand and never will understand. Harry was fucked up, and was always either angry or sad, but Jade, she was like a torch in the darkness of Harry's mind. He genuinely laughed and smiled and loved when she was around. The amount of love Harry had for Jade was mind blowing. Jade accepted him for all his flaws and she was never dull around him either. Liam had even sat down with Harry once, when Harry discussed the idea of a proposal and the chance of starting a family. How could Harry murder someone he loved so dearly? 

Liam was hesitant about Harry discussing starting a family because he knew Harry wouldn't be mentally equipt for one, and Jade knew that too, but she never told him no because she never wanted to hurt him. The truth is, after Harry had murdered Jade, Liam had been the first person he called. Liam still has nightmares about the phone call and Harry screaming and crying. Liam distinctly remembers the line