Chapter 10- H

The day had started off normally. Harry’s daily routine was nothing short of normal; wake up, take a piss, have a shower, work out, take pills and leave for the commons room. It was completely the same routine until he was attacked. He hadn’t known who the attacker was, and no one else would have known because he was alone in the halls of the stupid Asylum. His eyes were covered by meaty hands, and so was his mouth. Whoever had attacked him, had tried to knock him out, but had only managed to hit him hard enough to make him slightly disoriented. The brick walls of the asylum blurred and spun slightly, and the voices seemed forever away. Harry’s body was limp and heavy, and even though the men had dropped their hands from his face, he still couldn’t see who was responsible. He noticed dark green eyes, if anything.

“You’ve been a bad boy Styles, and you know exactly what happens to bad people? You get punished. We’ve tried everything for you, we’ve tried electrocution, injections and multiple near death experiences, and you still think it’s morally okay to go and murder people? You may have gotten away with it on the outside world but you’re here now and you’re not getting away with it ever again,”

The voice was low, and filled with a thick British accent and Harry tries to reply, but he fumbles for words.

“I didn’t- I didn’t hurt anyone!”

“You can’t lie to me Harry, we know what you’ve done,”

“I swear, I swear I didn’t,”

Harry doesn’t know what’s taken over him, but he’s crying and whimpering because honestly, he’s terrified. He’s been attacked before but he knows how sick the people are here and he’s scared because this isn’t the first time he’s been taken away. The first time it happened, he went missing for a week and no one really noticed. Of course Liam had noticed, but he had thought Head Mistress Landles doing something. Harry remembers the way he was treated as if it were yesterday. He remembers the feeling of the leather restraints burning against his arms and legs, he remembers the feeling of needles pricking his skin, and he faintly remembers blood, and the smell of it. He vividly can recall the feeling of a giant needle forcefully injected into his wrist, and his arm feeling like it was set on fire, and he could quite literally feel the injection making its way through his system, first making him feel like he was burning, and then numb. It started with just an arm, but then his legs were numb, and the other arm and then his chest was on fire. He couldn’t breathe, he was awake but he couldn’t breathe. They let him almost suffocate to death until they put a breathing mask on. Harry hated the doctors here, and he made it his personal duty to never get sick or get hurt, because these doctors were dodgy. The second time he was kidnapped, he was sleeping in his cell and they broke in and carried him into the surgery room. They left him awake and tied him down, and started poking and prodding around his head. The second time he was taken, it was by the far the worst thing he’d ever felt. He didn’t know what they injected, but it hurt and it literally made him sick. It was on his left temple. He remembers the sharp point of the needle, breaking through the skin and piercing the brain. It worked straight away, he didn’t even really have time to protest because the next thing he had remembered, he was waking up still on the hard metal table, with two or three men looking over him. Things had been different for a while after that, he felt different. Things moved slower, and it took him a while to find a way to speak properly. He had forgotten a lot of things, and it sort of did help, for a while. After whatever they had injected wore out, things came back and hit him like a tidal wave. It was anger, confusion, fury, voices, sadness, grief, it all came in one giant ball. Harry guesses that’s why he’s so irritable and why he gets angry so often. He can’t really remember life before that injection really. It took him almost 9 months to even remember to Jade was and why she meant a lot to him. Once he had figured out who she was and what had happened, he was in a state of denial and shock and anger, just like he was in the weeks after her murder. He was locked away in solitary, where he would hit walls and scream out into the night, begging for her to come back. He sometimes even knocked himself out, because he just couldn’t fathom the idea that he had killed her. The murder of Jade quite literally ate him alive, there wasn’t a moment of time where she wasn’t on his mind. He stills remembers her face, and dreams of it so frequently it could almost be insane. She was the light of his entire existence, and he had managed to kill her.