Chapter 22

Alexandra POV:

"You know our rules , Alex. You can't go on leave without telling the boss or else you loose the job." Susan,my boss says,making me open and close my mouth like a fish.

"But.. but I told you , it was an emergency. I was panicked and lost my phone . I don't have any idea on how to contact you. " I plead with her.

I can't believe she fired me. How could she?I am her best worker and she fired me so easily?

"I know what you must be thinking right now that you were my best worker but I still fired you because rules are rules. I have to do everything to make people follow them or if I let anyone break them others will do the same then." She sighs.

I nod my head,slowly. She is right if she let me continue the job then others will going to do the same thinking that she will let them slip also.

I look around her office thinking what to do now. Pictures hanging on the walls. Some contain art works and some contain her pictures with other important business people.

But one picture gets my attention. It was from our last year when we had celebrated our 10 years of this company. I was standing with Susan with her arm wrapped around my waist with a proud look on her face and I was smiling wildly at the camera while other workers were standing besides us with the same smile.

My breath hitches when I notice Justin also. He had a smug smirk on his lips. He must be here also. What if he knows i'm here and is waiting for me outside?

I can't risk this. What if he knows that I am back and comes to my house? My eyes widen in worry.

I can't risk that . Xander can be there also and it won't turn pretty well knowing that he has now anger issues.

I snap out my train of thoughts when Susan reaches forward from across the table and touches my arm. I look at her to find her looking at me with worry and concern.

"Are you alright? I was calling you but you seem distant and pale."

"Yeah.. Yes. I am fine. Just thinking." I shake my head to get rid of Xander's angry face and smile at her.

"You know what... " She trails off before digging into her purse and pulling out a business card.

"Go here and apply for job here. I am sure ,you will get a job here. You have great qualifications and experience and I can also give him thumbs up for you if needed. " She winks at me while my smile widens.

"Thankyou so much. Thankyou."
After talking with her a little while, I make my way out of her office and make my way towards the elevator.

I was hoping that I don't have any meeting with Justin. But as fate is playing a cruel joke on me a foot stop the elevator when the doors were about to shut.

My green eyes connected with his black ones and i take a deep breath in to calm my nerves.

This is not happening...

He looks at me with blank face and moves forward. I jump up at the sound of the door closing. I look everywhere but him.

Suddenly, I am being pulled an crashed into a hard chest. Justin snuggles his head in my hair and breathes in.

"Alex. I miss you." He whispers. My eyes are wide thinking what to do. This is the most awkward situation, I am being put into. Suddenly, Xander's face flashes in my head and i pull away from him.

He looks at me with furrow eyebrows still holding my shoulders.
"Where the hell were you? " He asks.

"I called you so many times. I went to police to find that they were already searching for you due to some reasons. I had even asked them to tell me but they didn't tell me anything. What the hell is going on?"