Chapter 24

Alexandra POV:

A gasp escapes my lips as I jerk forward in my seat and slam my hands on the dashboard to steady myself before hitting my head on it.

"Xander. Slow down. " I panick as the speed increases.

He doesn't reply just tightens his knuckles on the steering wheel,his jaw clenching tight.

"What are you doing?" I ask frantically.

His eyes flick towards the rearview mirror as his face shows as he is in pain while his eyes show rage.

I turn my head over my shoulder to look from the back window to find a car speeding through us so fast that I don't have time to blink when it bumps in us.

I jerk forward but Xander's hand shot out and grabs me.
"Hold on tight. " He yells.

I grab the dashboard again with so much force that my fingers starts to turn white.

"What is happening? Who are they? " I whisper in a shaky voice, my whole body shaking in fear.

Xander looks at me before brushing his hand on my cheeks.
"Don't worry,Bella . No one will going to hurt you when I'm here. "
My eyes widen at his words.Hurt me? Are they here to hurt me?

I was to about to ask him that when our car jerks forward again. Xander curses under his breath and starts to take rough turns.

"Just breath, Lexi. Close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing. " He grits out he takes out his phone from his pocket and types on the keypad.

I nod while obeying what he said.
Take deep breaths in and out.

Suddenly, a gun shot is heard making me open my eyes in fear. I jump up and gribs Xander's arm as our car starts to move in its own accord. Our heads moving back and forth with the force banging on the roof .

I hear the voice of tires screeching on the road . As realization hits me that they have shot our tire.

We are going to die. A scream tore out of my lips as Xander yells ,
"Watch out!" And throw an arm over me to hold me in place. His arm is like a steal, not moving and keeping me in place. I grab his arms with both of my shaky hands as my life depends on his arm.

I don't want to die like this. One minute we were so happy in bliss and with the blink of an eye, it seems like everything is tearing away from us.

Tears fall down my eyes as I think it might be the last minutes of our life. I just have Xander now and he is being pulled away from me.

By using his other hand, he opens his door and much to my horror kicks the door which break and fall behind on the road.

Just as the car was about to turn over Xander turns towards me and what happened next is like a mystery to me.

Am I dead?

I remain still for few seconds.

But then i feel strong hands around me.

Xander.

I can hear his breathing which matches mine. We both are breathing, heavily. Are we both dead? We have died in each other's arms so maybe we are still together in after life-

My thoughts get caught shot when I hear tires screeching and then silence.

The arms around me, tense in tension. We are not dead.

Shaking, I peak above before pulling away from Xander's neck. Xander looks down at me with worried eyes. His face still beautiful even after that accident-