V. Lover's Quarrel | Kirk

"Jim!" you shout, running through the hospital wing in the Star Fleet Headquarters Hospital. You'd just received word that he'd woken up after weeks of recovering from death via warp core radiation. Khan's blood had saved him, and now you both had a second chance at love.

You burst through the door, seeing Bones and Spock. Instantly, Jim's eyes land on you and a smile breaks across his face. "[Y/n]." Your name comes off easily, just like it did before you broke up before you graduated the Academy.

"I think we will leave you two to... talk," Spock states, dragging a confused Bones with him.

You stand frozen. Jim lifts his hand, waving you over. "C'mere."

You take that as a sign to leap forward and hug him tightly, arms around his neck and face buried into his shoulder. You hear him make a struggled chuckle as his arms hold you even tighter. "I thought you were gonna die again," you whisper. "I knew you'd come back... but you were unstable for so long..."

"Shh, shh," Jim comforts you, running a hand through your hair. "I'm good. Trust me. Takes a little more than my own ship to kill me." You pull back, but remain close. Jim's cerulean blue eyes gaze up at you. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too." You lean forward to kiss him cheek. "Why did we break up?"

Jim shrugs. "It was probably my fault." We both laugh at that. "Seems like most stuff was back then."

"It was a stupid lover's quarrel, and I wanted you back," you sigh, "but I was too stubborn to admit it. I wasted years."

"Four years, six months, twenty-five days," Jim corrects. "Be my girl again, [Y/n]."

You nod rapidly, leaning down to kiss him.