XV. Copernicus The Cat (Part 2) | Bones

"Copernicus?" McCoy chuckles. "Cute."

"So that's where you've been hiding!"

"Only every damn day of the week! I thought we had picked up a stray...then I remembered we're in freakin' space...and that that would be literally impossible, but that's what I get for thinkin'."

You chuckle, looking to Doctor McCoy. "Thank you, Doctor. I'm sorry he's bothered you."

The Doctor waves off your concern. "No apologies needed. He's actually kinda nice. I was thinkin' about keepin' him if his owner never showed up, but I guess you're them."

You shift the cat to one arm, stretching your hand towards him. "Ensign [Y/n] [Y/l/n]. Nice to meet you, Doctor McCoy."

He shakes your hand. "Just Bones."

Seeing Bone's tired look and messy hair, you say, "Well, thank you, Bones, for finding my cat and giving him a place to stay. I really hope I didn't mess up your shift."

Bones shakes his head in reassurance. "Ah, don't be. My shift starts in half an hour. I was already up when I heard you callin' for that damn cat. I'm just sorry I couldn't get him back to you sooner. Anyone on this ship could've been his owner."

You smile, and Bones returns it. "Well, I'll see you around, then, Bones?"

Bones nods, running a hand through his dark hair. "See you around, [Y/l/n]."

You begin to walk back towards your quarters when you hear Bones call, "Ensign, hold on a second!" You turn, and Bones walks swiftly up to you. "I get off my next shift around five. Would you wanna join my friends and I for some drinks? We do it every Friday to celebrate surviving Jim's command."

You chuckle, replying, "I'd love to."

A smile covers Bones' face. "I'll see you there."