VII. Red Alert (Part 1) | Spock

"Red alert!"

You are a child of two worlds: Earth and Kronos. Your father was a Star Fleet Captain; your mother was a Klingon warrior. You were the product of their forbidden love, and that made living a life on Earth with your father complicated. You were raised like a human, but you had your Klingon instinct telling you to fight and die honorably, too. However, your human genes also gave you something you hate: anxiety.

It became especially hard to deal with when you were assigned to the Enterprise. You loved that ship, and being an engineering officer, you learned a lot. Most days were calm and peaceful.

Then there are days like today, where your Captain Kirk has decided to pick a fight with a new species of alien. They're exchanging fire. You should be used to it by now, but you can feel your anxiety start to creep up.

There's not much to fight in engineering besides the crazy Scottish man.

"I need to stabilize the power couplings " you shout, hurrying over to the panel.

"Then do it, Lassy!" Scotty shouts as something else explodes in the vast room. "I'm goin' ta go get help. Communications ar--"

"--Shut up and go!"

Scotty hurries off. The panel you are working on explodes, sending you backwards. After you shake the dizziness from your head, you feel your shallow breath. You hug your knees to your chest, looking around the room like a frightened animal.

"Attention all hands: brace for impact."

A small whimper comes from your mouth as you begin to shake. You're too frightened to move, and you can't raise your voice to shout for help.

Then something miraculous happens: your best friend appears beside you. His name is the only thing you can mutter out: "Sp-Spock..."

To Be Continued...