XIII. Best Brother | Kirk ft. Bones

It wasn't until you tried to kill yourself that Kirk really saw how much you were hurting. He found you in your cabin after you had downed sleeping pills. Kirk was fearful that he'd lose his baby sister. Even though you were twins, he was the elder by only a few minutes. He knew it was his job to take care of you.

The only thing to change as adults is that now Kirk has a ship to take care of. Sometimes his responsibilities as Captain take away from his time with you. It shouldn't bother you, but after years with an abusive step-father, sometimes Kirk was the only thing standing between you and a break-down.

That's what happened. Bones tells Kirk that you were lucky enough to have been found when you were. "She just needs some sleep, Jim," Bones assures him.

Kirk grasps your hand. His eyes are tearful, red, and puffy. "I'm not leaving her."

"I know."

Hours later, after your brother falls asleep against your bed, you awaken. Bones smiles as he checks your vitals. "Hey, there."

"Hey."

Bones nods his head towards Kirk. "He didn't leave you. Not once."

You move your hand to run through your older brothers blond locks. "You want to know why."

"I won't push it, but I thought you were getting better."

You sigh, "Me, too. This time of year is when Mom married that...that man. It's hard."

"He was abusive."

"Jim was more of a parent than our Mom's husband ever was. He raised me."

"What a step down for your Mom from George Kirk to that son of a bitch." You both share a laugh, and Bones' face turns sincere. "When he wakes up, tell him. He'll understand."

You nod with a smile. "I will."