Painting Flowers 2~Josh

"Because I have something else to tell you."

Those were the words that changed your small life forever.

"What's that?" Josh asked, his smile faltering slightly.

"Josh,I'm pregnant." You say lightly, smiling.

Josh frowned, his eyes bulging. Your smile immediately disappeared. "Josh? I-" You started only for him to fall backward dramatically.

You smiled, looking down at Josh who had his hand on his forehead. "Oh my god, oh my god, I'm a father, oh my god..." he chanted.

You laughed as he looked at you and gave you a huge goofy grin. He grabbed your hand and ,you squeaking slightly, he pulled you down beside him. "If I'm going to be a dramatic father, your coming down here to support me." He laughed pulling you to the dirt, holding you there tightly as you tried to squirm away.

"Josh! Come on, we can't stay here in the middle of the parking lot." You chuckle lightly as you try to drag you and him up.

"Just one more hour; I can't comprehend this without a nap." He said sarcastically. He looked down at you and grinned. You rolled your eyes but managed to get out of his grip and get up, dusting off your shirt.

"Come on, Josh, gotta go.I can't raise our child alone." You say pulling on his arm.

"Y/N... I don't know if I should lay here and cry tears of joy or go home and cry tears of joy." He said looking up into the sky.

"I think you should do that at home." You laugh as you gave one last mighty tug.

"Ok,fine, home it is for Momma Dun 2.0." He says, finally getting up.

"Oh,Josh, I can't take her title." You say.

"You are a Dun though, and you're gonna be a mom." He pointed out with a wink. You looked down at your ring, that's true.

"True, but Momma Dun is your mother's title, I'll stick to Y/N." you say with a shy smile.

"Ok, compromise, Momma Y/N." he said shrugging. You roll your eyes,  you knew that there was no winning this one.

"Let's just get home Josh." You mumble with a smile. He smiles and opens the car door for you, you give a sarcastic smirk before getting in. He shuts the door behind you.

It was a good night, it didn't take long for both of you to trudge up the stairs to your bedroom and fall asleep. When you woke up, your eyes widened, it was 9:30! You were late for work!

You exploded out of bed, scaring Josh in the process, and ran to the phone, dialing your boss's number.

The phone rang only once before he picked up "Y/N..." he started.

You didn't let him finish. "Sir, I am so sorry! I'll be there in five minutes, please, I promise it won't happen again!"

"Y/N...you do realized you scheduled off today, right?" He asked.

"What? I didn't-" you paused and turned to Josh, he gave a small grin. "Oh, now I understand, sorry for that Sir..." you say, embarrassed.

"Of course Y/N, but if you're going to beg for my forgiveness, do so when you're working next time." He chuckled. You sighed and said a quick good bye before hanging up.

It was silent as you both had a stare-off. Josh smiled innocently as he said,"So, I may have not mentioned that I undid your alarm and told your boss to schedule a day off."

"Oh,Josh! Why didn't you tell me?" You shout with a hint of a laugh.

"It was a surprise, I wanted you to stay home with me today since I don't have anything to do today." He said with a pout. You take a deep breath, trying to conceal your laughter, as you shake your head at the grown man.

"Well then, let's see, we're starting with staying in bed." Josh says, opening his arms. You snort in a laugh but go to him, laying on the bed, your head on his chest as he pulled you in closer.

"Hey Josh..."

"Yeah?"

"Are you scared to have a kid?"

"Naw."

"Why not?"

"Cause you're an amazing wife, and you'll be an even better mother."

"Thanks Josh, you're going to be the best father in the world, and you already dominate being the best husband."

"That's good, I think that means we're prepared for little drummer boy then."

Silence came over the room before your chuckle.

"Really?"

"What? I thought it was cute!"

"What if it's a girl?"

"Ass kicker."

"Walking dead?"

"Hell yeah."