1

(Y/n)

I sat in the bar quietly with the man that I dared to call my boyfriend. A lowlife scum with his hair slicked back and a smirk on his face. He was hitting on the bartender again and it was obvious for anyone who looked. He turned to me with his gastly grin and set his hand on his thigh. "Right, honey?" He asked, even though I was clueless to what his question had been. I sat there silently staring at him like a fish. He didn't like that.

He had slammed his alcohol filled lips against my dry ones and there was a sloppy kiss that made me cringe on the spot. I felt it. All those eyes looking at me in pity, people thinking: Hey, why is she with a guy like that? I didn't know the answer. Maybe it was because I was young and stupid when I met him, and I felt like his motorbikes and smoking problems were amazing and cool. I wish I never had met him. He was stuck onto me like a tattoo as for I was to him likewise. He narrowed his eyes at me once he had moved away.

"You didn't kiss back." He said, in a tone half short of being considered a growl. I blinked at him before I felt the impact. The cold hard impact of his crusty dry hands against my cheek. The bar had fallen silent. He stood up slowly, the barstool squeaking as he stood up. "Let's go. Now." He had hissed which sent me flying up out of my seat and standing at his side. It was moments like these when I remembered why I had joined that dating app and started a whole facade with a singer.

It was moments like these when I had truly had zero self worth. I followed him mindlessly like a puppy, and it didn't completely bother me. He just walked out and lit a cigarette as he did so. The smoke filled the outside air as he had blew it right into my face. He knew I hated when he did that to me. That's why he did it. My eyes fell to the ground as he just stood there, blowing his smoke in my face and making me cough.

The dark tattoos on his skin had almost blended in with the night, which had sent me shivers. I had to breathe. I had to calm down. How could I do that when this man was doing this to me? I wanted to run, but I knew he'd find me. I wanted to hide, but he practically had a chain on me. I needed an escape. I needed someone to protect me. I needed someone else.

This was just one of the incidents that pushed me onto that dating app. This was only one of the times that I felt utterly hopeless.

Until I met him.