22

Brendon

(Y/n) sat with me at that cafe for over two hours, talking mindlessly about music and interests and our personal lives. She had the softest and sweetest smile, one that made my heart melt. The sun had been shining perfectly through the window, a bit of the golden sunlight hitting her soft and charming features. Whenever she had laughed it had been like time had frozen, her soft (color) eyes turning to mine. She held onto her empty cup, her delicate hands wrapped around the paper cup. 

After our third cup we decided we should leave before we had a caffeine overdose, a mutual decision. My hand brushed against her a couple times as we had walked, her soft skin never ceasing to give me goosebumps. She glanced down at my hand, her fingers slowly creeping into my palm. Pink had dusted my cheeks as I had held her hand in mine.

 "Shall we take a stroll in the park?" I had asked, turning to look at her. She had nodded and smiled a bit, checking her phone briefly. I sighed softly before walking towards the park, humming a soft tune.

"So. Have you told your wife?" She asked, glancing at me. I flinched before licking my lips, following by pursing them. 

"No. Of course not." I look down and bite at my top lip, my brows furrowed a bit. She gently laced her fingers with mine, her warm hands so close against mine that I instantly felt less alone. I glanced over at her, a small smile forming on her lips. 

"I didn't tell Frank, either. We're in the same boat." She said with a weary chuckle. She took a deep breath in of the fresh air before looking around. "Man, I really hope that he doesn't get upset." She said gently before shaking her head, a small smirk tugging at her lip. "He's gonna be pissed." She turned to me, her smile growing a bit, almost as if our situation had lightened.

"On the bright side, if he kicks you out I got a pool house." I joke with a soft grin. She let out a small laugh before shaking her head a bit, beginning to rub my knuckle with her thumb. 

"Don't hold your breath, Owen." She had teased, a grin instantly growing on my face. I rubbed my neck gently before rolling my eyes.

"Whatever. Can I see you tomorrow?" I asked softly. She looked my face over for a moment before nodding hesitantly.

"See you tomorrow, Brendon."